Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not showing Diamond Status

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hiltonhonors gold, Priority Club platimum, Club Carlson gold, Marriott gold
Not showing Diamond Status

I was Diamond status in 2020 but logged in today and my status is showing Gold. I thought status was supposed to be extended for 2021. Also thought that unused Celebration dinners were to be extended. Anyone have any information?
shand32783 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL PM
If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat as you. However, in past years it has not been uncommon for Caesars to take a few days into the new status year for comped status to show up in the system. I won't be too worried until next week.
beggsmoore likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:21 pm

Same here times 2..............I figured I would try matching back again from Wyndham..........it can't hurt and maybe we get two extra diamond dinners as we did not use either in 2020.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hiltonhonors gold, Priority Club platimum, Club Carlson gold, Marriott gold
Thanks. I was hoping to hear something to that effect.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Same here times 2..............I figured I would try matching back again from Wyndham..........it can't hurt and maybe we get two extra diamond dinners as we did not use either in 2020.
Sounds like plan. I will do the same if it doesn't reset soon.
flyer4512 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 3:55 pm

Are they still matching?

I thought I read they weren't matching any longer for Wyndham? I dropped from Diamond to Gold also.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 4:17 pm

Just sent message through Twitter and they sent me this https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/pa...yndham_resorts
Old Feb 1, 2021, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by shand32783
I thought I read they weren't matching any longer for Wyndham? I dropped from Diamond to Gold also.
Wyndham is no longer matching other hotel ( IHG, Hilton, Marriott, etc ) statuses.

Wyndham and CET are partners so you can always match back and forth on status and also exchange points. We transfer 30K Wyndham a year each to CET which is worth $600 onsite.

During normal times the best use IMO is for the Laurel Lounges. 1000 Reward credits and Diamond status get lounge access.

https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/pa...yndham_resorts

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 1, 2021 at 4:37 pm
Old Feb 1, 2021, 5:06 pm

Just sent message through Twitter and they sent me this https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/pa...yndham_resorts
Did they suggest you match from Wyndham to reinstate your CET Diamond ?
shand32783 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:00 pm

Yes they did...

Did they suggest you match from Wyndham to reinstate your CET Diamond ?
"Perfect! If you maintained your Wyndham status, you will just need to submit another request here https://caesars.com/myrewards/partners/wyndham_resorts."
Old Feb 1, 2021, 9:30 pm

"Perfect! If you maintained your Wyndham status, you will just need to submit another request here https://caesars.com/myrewards/partners/wyndham_resorts."

Wyndham extended Diamond for a year so there was no need to match CET Diamond to Wyndham this year, I also have the Wyndham Earner business card which gives Diamond status as a perk.

I sent over the match requests this morning when I noticed we were CET gold. Thanks
shand32783 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:05 pm

On the transfer question

Wyndham is no longer matching other hotel ( IHG, Hilton, Marriott, etc ) statuses.

Wyndham and CET are partners so you can always match back and forth on status and also exchange points. We transfer 30K Wyndham a year each to CET which is worth $600 onsite.

During normal times the best use IMO is for the Laurel Lounges. 1000 Reward credits and Diamond status get lounge access.

https://www.caesars.com/myrewards/pa...yndham_resorts
SO you transfer 30K Wyndham points to Caesars and that 30k is worth $600? Sorry I;m new to that option so trying to learn it. Or each of you transfer 30k (x2) which is then worth $600?
I find I tend to book cash rates at Wyndham b/c the 15 or 30k point night aren't worth it. I hope that made sense. If 30K transfer to Wyndham is worth $600 in Caesars, that would have more value to me. And that's what I'll need to learn to do. I assume for food and such or is it just gaming dollars/slot play?

Thanks!!!
SH
Old Feb 2, 2021, 11:29 am

*** EDIT ***
I got tricked by the ad break in the page and didn't read the whole thread about WR extending Diamond as well. Just to be on the safe side, even though CET said that TR/CR status would be extended through 1/31/2022, I did the match at the link posted by shand and got this:

STATUS MATCH
Enter your Wyndham Rewards number to match your status in Caesars RewardsŪ.
WYNDHAM REWARDS MATCHING STATUS
Thank you! Your Caesars Rewards tier status will be updated to Diamond within 7 business days.

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat as you. However, in past years it has not been uncommon for Caesars to take a few days into the new status year for comped status to show up in the system. I won't be too worried until next week.
I hope that is what is going on. I came here to post a similar topic and found this one. I was TR/CR Diamond and CET previously said that status would be extended through 1/31/2022, just got on the app to check a room availability and it shows me as Platinum since I was a few points short in 2020

Do you guys think it's better to send them an email now, or wait a few days and see if the status shows up. I need to travel sometime in the next few weeks and was hoping to stay at one of their properties, but if I'll be on the hook for the resort fees (for a place that isn't all that great, TBH), I'd just as soon stay somewhere else or drive the extra 6 hours all the way back.

I had a calendar reminder pop up a couple days ago to do the shuffle, but I ignored it since CET said they would be extending status through 2022. Did you try the match and, if so, did you have any luck? It seems like Caesars would get updated earlier and WR would pull the status from whatever CR/TR shows. I don't remember, if you match to Platinum and then CR gets sorted out back to Diamond, can you do a second match in the same year at Wyndham to get the Diamond?

Last edited by TheDona1d; Feb 2, 2021 at 11:37 am Reason: status match success report
Old Feb 2, 2021, 12:04 pm

SO you transfer 30K Wyndham points to Caesars and that 30k is worth $600? Sorry I;m new to that option so trying to learn it. Or each of you transfer 30k (x2) which is then worth $600?
I find I tend to book cash rates at Wyndham b/c the 15 or 30k point night aren't worth it. I hope that made sense. If 30K transfer to Wyndham is worth $600 in Caesars, that would have more value to me. And that's what I'll need to learn to do. I assume for food and such or is it just gaming dollars/slot play?

Thanks!!!
SH
Each person can transfer 30K a year between Wyndham and CET...transferring to and from CET resets the Wyndham expiration date for 18 months and also 4 years on the points transferred.

30k Wyndham = 30K Reward credits at CET, 30K =$300 at CET for food, drinks, merchandise, room rates if not comped etc.............you can also redeem for gaming at 30K = $150

We are both back to Diamond status today until 1/31/2022, I doubt the Wyndham match was processed that fast but rather a CET systemwide status restore.

Transfers are easy and take a few days....................https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...oints-transfer

Last edited by flyer4512; Feb 2, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Old Feb 2, 2021, 12:55 pm

Each person can transfer 30K a year between Wyndham and CET...transferring to and from CET resets the Wyndham expiration date for 18 months and also on the points transferred.

30k Wyndham = 30K Reward credits at CET, 30K =$300 at CET for food, drinks, merchandise, room rates if not comped etc.............you can also redeem for gaming at 30K = $150

We are both back to Diamond status today until 1/31/2022, I doubt the Wyndham match was processed that fast but rather a CET systemwide status restore.

Transfers are easy and take a few days....................https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndha...oints-transfer
I checked my account and I am upgraded to Diamond until Jan 31, 2022 automatically. The system must have pushed through an update recently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.