Heading to Laughlin

Old Sep 30, 19, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Heading to Laughlin

I received an offer from CET for 2 comp flights and rooms at Harrah's Laughlin. My dad is 80 years old and has never been there. We took him to Vegas last year but it was definitely hard to get him around in a wheelchair. Hoping this will work better for him since I can't push him with my shoulder hurt like it is.

Anyway, wish us big luck. I really could use it!!! 😁😁😁
Old Oct 3, 19, 2:05 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Somebody hit the progressive in 3 card poker there last week for $500k+

As for the property, it needs a bit of a face lift
Old Oct 4, 19, 9:32 am

The view of the Colorado River is incredible. Mind the smoking ares if that's an issue and you'll be fine.
Old Oct 6, 19, 8:29 am

At 80 your dad will be one of the younger visitors to Laughlin.
Old Oct 6, 19, 4:56 pm

Programs: Delta-Gold Hertz-PresCircle HH-Gold Hyatt-Discoverist IHG-Plat National-Exec
At 72, I feel like that too! But it can still be fun to be there for a day. I often drive there for a day trip when I'm in Las Vegas.
Old Oct 7, 19, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3544quebec View Post
At 80 your dad will be one of the younger visitors to Laughlin.
Old Oct 10, 19, 12:50 pm

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Originally Posted by jgxtrav1 View Post
At 72, I feel like that too! But it can still be fun to be there for a day. I often drive there for a day trip when I'm in Las Vegas.
What's the appeal of visiting Laughlin while in Vegas? (Serious question, not trying to sound rude). Both are an easy drive for me from AZ, but the only time I pick Laughlin is if we want to get a boat to take out on the lake
Old Oct 11, 19, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by United16 View Post
What's the appeal of visiting Laughlin while in Vegas?
Largest watch store in the world!!!!! with the imaginatively titled website worldslargestwatchstore.com

My mother always wants to go there if within 200 miles of Laughlin. She also fits the Laughlin demographic 82yrs old and her mind is going
Old Oct 11, 19, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta-Gold Hertz-PresCircle HH-Gold Hyatt-Discoverist IHG-Plat National-Exec
Originally Posted by United16 View Post
What's the appeal of visiting Laughlin while in Vegas? (Serious question, not trying to sound rude). Both are an easy drive for me from AZ, but the only time I pick Laughlin is if we want to get a boat to take out on the lake
Biggest appeal:

It's a change of pace from the hectic activity on the Strip. Most times of the year the drive is scenic and we (my wife and I) enjoy it. And, on some trips, sending a little time driving saves us money!
United16 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 19, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA gold, DL Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat
Laughlin is a nice option away from the congestion, traffic and crowds of the vegas strip. The river is a big plus. If you are looking to relax, this is the place. Vegas is not very relaxing most of the time!

Search this Thread