Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Mlife Tier credits with Chase LHC reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:42 am
formerly leemaj
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass

I made a reservation at the Aria hotel in Vegas using Chase's LHC program. Would I still be eligible to receive tier credits for my stay? If not for the room, what about for dining / nightclub charges I post to the room?
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
It depends if LHC is charging you for the room directly and right away or if they are just making a reservation for you and you pay later. If LHC charges you and you pay them, then no, you won't receive TCs for your room. If LHC just makes the reservation for you and doesn't charge you right away, and you pay when you get to the MLIFE property, you'll receive TC's for it then. Dining/nightclub or any on property charges and spend will earn you TCs regardless if you booked through an OTA or MLIFE.

IMO, go with whatever is the cheaper room rate. The TC's are worthless unless you're close and trying to reach the next tier. Even then, it's not worth much.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:44 pm
formerly leemaj
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Thanks for the advice. LHC made the reservation but the hotel charged me directly for the deposit (shows up as Aria - Adv Sales on cc statement), and I pay rest at hotel.

Rate was $20/night cheaper direct, but LHC gives $60 in breakfast credits / day, late checkout, and $100 F&B credit, all of which I will be using on the trip.

MLIFE wasn't a factor in decision making but I recently found out I would hit Platinum status from this one trip (charging group's activities to my room), so I might as well go for it.
easy_money likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Got it. Sounds like a good deal then. FYI, if you charge everything to the room, the charges and TCs won't get adjusted until after checkout after the bill is cleared. If you pay for everything upfront, grab receipts for everything and then bring to the MLIFE center, the TC's may get added faster. You might get an upgraded tier before your trip is over. In case you have a car rental, you won't have to pay for parking, even with the lowest Pearl tier.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:50 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
In my experience with Amex FHR bookings, you do receive tier credits (and Hyatt points! make sure you get those too) for the full spend, including the first night which is pre-charged as a deposit. I haven't tried the Chase program but I expect it works the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.