Caesars Palace security issue

Old Jun 10, 19, 10:47 pm
  #1  
nrr
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
Caesars Palace security issue

On 6/7 I was playing slots in CPs Forum Casino (near Gordon Ramsay) at around 2 PM, that area is very busy with lots of people passing through (forum shops to other areas in CP). I had my wallet out (I was going to place a bill in one of the slot machines), someone tried extracting cash from my wallet, they did NOT succeed. I looked for a security person--there were none. Playing for several hours in 6/7 and 6/8 I never saw ANY security people on the slot floor, this lapse puts gamblers at risk. [In AC there are lots of security patrolling the casino floor.]
There aren't too many slot attendants either...maybe the lack of these and security is part of a "cost saving" program
PS: I'm 77 years old and was not going to confront the culprit directly [I just held my wallet tightly to prevent money loss.]
nrr is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 12:32 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: JFK/LGA/EWR
Posts: 1,243
Glad you didn't lose your wallet (or worse). I was last in Caesars about 6 months ago and I think I know what area you're referring to - near the forum tower elevators - so I'd have thought there would be at least a security podium in the area. Did you report the issue?
sbjnyc is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 2:21 pm
  #3  
nrr
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Glad you didn't lose your wallet (or worse). I was last in Caesars about 6 months ago and I think I know what area you're referring to - near the forum tower elevators - so I'd have thought there would be at least a security podium in the area. Did you report the issue?
The nearest security podium is in the Cleopatra Way. The culprit was long gone. I did report the issue to a host (in host office).
I sent an email to TR and received a reply, but they really didn't address the main issue: nearly NO security patrolling the casino floor.
nrr is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 7:14 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: NYC / VA / LV
Programs: B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, CET 7*, MLIFE Platinum
Posts: 181
Glad nothing happened to you. There's all kinds of people in the casino trying to make a quick buck by taking advantage of other people. I agree with your observations, but also, Caesars LV is like 10x bigger than Caesars AC. So it's relative that you may not see security as often.

At the end of the day, they don't care if other people are trying to steal your money. Only if they are trying to steal the casinos' money. If you started winning some money on the slot machines, security would be there in a heartbeat.
easy_money is offline  
Old Jun 11, 19, 9:23 pm
  #5  
nrr
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
Originally Posted by easy_money View Post
Glad nothing happened to you. There's all kinds of people in the casino trying to make a quick buck by taking advantage of other people. I agree with your observations, but also, Caesars LV is like 10x bigger than Caesars AC. So it's relative that you may not see security as often.

At the end of the day, they don't care if other people are trying to steal your money. Only if they are trying to steal the casinos' money. If you started winning some money on the slot machines, security would be there in a heartbeat.
Actually on 6/7 I had 3 hand-pay slot JPs over a 3 hour period, all in the Forum Casino two on the same game near Gordon Ramsay...
Caesars Palace has 3 gaming areas, the Forum (their largest) is not larger than any of their 3 AC casinos.
nrr is offline  
Old Jun 29, 19, 11:44 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wanting First. Buying First.
Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Posts: 5,175
Shouldn't you immediately stop playing on that machine, go to a security desk/TR desk/whatever and ask security staff to check the cameras? I'm sure that your slot machine was covered by a camera. If you don't immediately report the scumbag who tried to steal from you, what do you expect a Host (or FlyerTalk) to do well after the fact?
Herb687 is offline  
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:57 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by Herb687 View Post
Shouldn't you immediately stop playing on that machine, go to a security desk/TR desk/whatever and ask security staff to check the cameras? I'm sure that your slot machine was covered by a camera. If you don't immediately report the scumbag who tried to steal from you, what do you expect a Host (or FlyerTalk) to do well after the fact?
The OP sounds more to me as saying he just wants everyone to be more aware and if we may have noticed a lack of security. Plus if he had even reported it technically there was no crime committed so all they would have done is write up an incident report.

His host would have at least listened to him and may say something to the floor manager, but seeing as the OP didn't want to report it he just wanted to tell someone his host was probably the most logical for him.

I've really only noticed security in the downtown and off strip casinos. They are more for deterrent than anything it seems since they have no real power than holding someone until the police can respond. Plus the surveillance team has way more things to do than sending footage of an incident like this. It was most likely a big deal for the OP but a nonissue for the casino.

I was a casino host plus I married a security supervisor so I'm fairly familiar with how the casino floor works. Great job for sure if you like people! 😁
jimmysgrl is offline  
Old Jul 4, 19, 1:06 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Wanting First. Buying First.
Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Posts: 5,175
Originally Posted by jimmysgrl View Post
The OP sounds more to me as saying he just wants everyone to be more aware and if we may have noticed a lack of security. Plus if he had even reported it technically there was no crime committed so all they would have done is write up an incident report.

His host would have at least listened to him and may say something to the floor manager, but seeing as the OP didn't want to report it he just wanted to tell someone his host was probably the most logical for him.

I've really only noticed security in the downtown and off strip casinos. They are more for deterrent than anything it seems since they have no real power than holding someone until the police can respond. Plus the surveillance team has way more things to do than sending footage of an incident like this. It was most likely a big deal for the OP but a nonissue for the casino.

I was a casino host plus I married a security supervisor so I'm fairly familiar with how the casino floor works. Great job for sure if you like people! 😁
Attempted theft is not a crime?

Are you saying that if casino security was immediately alerted to someone attempting to steal money from one of their players, they would take no action to check the cameras to verify the attempted theft and then find the scumbag and either call the cops to have him arrested or at least tell the guy to get off the property immediately and never come back?

We've heard that write-ups for attempted theft from other players is sufficient to get one's casino status revoked. I'm surprised at your claim that Caesars security wouldn't take this pretty seriously.
Herb687 is offline  
Old Jul 11, 19, 9:52 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: JFK/LGA/EWR
Posts: 1,243
Could have been worse.

https://news3lv.com/news/local/world...el-parking-lot
sbjnyc is offline  
Old Aug 11, 19, 10:46 pm
  #10  
nrr
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
Follow-up: I played in CP a week ago, I did see a few security people patrolling the casino floor--perhaps my letter to TR had some effect(?)
Bellagio have security people in the slot areas.
nrr is offline  
Old Aug 11, 19, 10:58 pm
  #11  
nrr
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
Originally Posted by Herb687 View Post
Shouldn't you immediately stop playing on that machine, go to a security desk/TR desk/whatever and ask security staff to check the cameras? I'm sure that your slot machine was covered by a camera. If you don't immediately report the scumbag who tried to steal from you, what do you expect a Host (or FlyerTalk) to do well after the fact?
The area I was playing in had lots of foot traffic for people coming from the forum shop entrance just passing through the casino. Even if I went to the nearest security podium and they looked at the tapes the culprit was probably blocks away outside the casino.
I only alerted the host office to make them aware that a problem exists re security patrolling the gaming areas; the host I spoke with noted that they did reduce the number of slot agents.
nrr is offline  
Old Aug 12, 19, 8:47 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PHL (kinda, no airport is really close)
Programs: AA PPro. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Posts: 3,052
What do they need slot attendants for these days? Just to pay JP's I'd think. The days of filling your bucket with change are long gone!
redtop43 is offline  
Old Aug 12, 19, 9:50 pm
  #13  
nrr
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Posts: 8,639
Originally Posted by redtop43 View Post
What do they need slot attendants for these days? Just to pay JP's I'd think. The days of filling your bucket with change are long gone!
(1)replacing TITOs
(2)unjamming stuck TITOs
(3)resetting slots which are unresponsive
(4)reserving a slot while a player needs to use the restroom
(5)assisting a player finding a particular game
(6)paying jps
(7)locking up defective games
TITO = ticket in ticket out
nrr is offline  
Old Aug 13, 19, 1:09 pm
  #14  
Marriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 9,006
You don't have to do much to get people's attention on the slot floor.
People turn around and take notice the minute they hear something out of the ordinary (loud confrontation, shriek, scream, curse).
In fact, a casino is probably the easiest place to make a scene and still be safe (nobody is going to assault you with all those cameras and no exits nearby).
izzik is offline  
Old Aug 19, 19, 6:59 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: JFK/LGA/EWR
Posts: 1,243
Originally Posted by izzik View Post
You don't have to do much to get people's attention on the slot floor.
People turn around and take notice the minute they hear something out of the ordinary (loud confrontation, shriek, scream, curse).
In fact, a casino is probably the easiest place to make a scene and still be safe (nobody is going to assault you with all those cameras and no exits nearby).
Some casinos use facial recognition and can ID people very quickly. The primary purpose is to identify card counters and such but can be used incidentally to identify people involved in actual criminal activity. So I wouldn't be surprised if Caesars could ID someone if they reviewed the footage but I imagine that's not what they focus on. After all, they use their security footage to determine if you were overpaid a green chip so they can if they want to.
sbjnyc is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread