Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page > Mlife Mastercard - prevent comps from ever expiring?

Mlife Mastercard - prevent comps from ever expiring?

Old Jun 8, 16, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, MLife
Mlife Mastercard - prevent comps from ever expiring?

hey all

So i saw the new MLife credit card launched, and it says:

For Pearl and higher Tiers, Points do not expire as long as you have activity (including use of your M life Rewards MasterCard) within a 12-month period.

One of the main problems I felt was if you had a good comp balance and didn't plan to go back to Vegas for over 12 months, they are lost (I have $800+ currently), so am I right in thinking this means I don't have to worry about that now if I had the card and used it?

thanks all
Old Jun 8, 16, 6:11 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
I have a house in Las Vegas that I'm at a few months of the year. Being as locals will have to start paying for parking at MGM properties in December, and this card has no annual fee, I am thinking of applying for this card in the fall simply for the free self parking privileges. Of course, if MGM reverses its parking fees, I won't even bother getting this card.
Old Jun 8, 16, 7:58 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, Global Entry/TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by rymetymeuk View Post
so am I right in thinking this means I don't have to worry about that now if I had the card and used it?
That is exactly the way I understand it. As long as you make at least one purchase with the card every 12 months, your points balance will remain intact.
Old Jun 9, 16, 11:56 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG Plat -> MR Plat -> UA Silver lol, WN A-List
Spotted today at the Bellagio:

Name:  20160609_191919r.jpg
Views: 1155
Size:  252.6 KB
Old Aug 27, 16, 8:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan Black, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Mlife Pearl
Sadly, not available to Canadians. I'd get this card in a heartbeat if I could No fee, free parking, buffet line passes and hotel priority check-in - I think this will be VERY popular!
Old Aug 28, 16, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, Starbucks Gold
I don't understand the appeal of this card when compared to the Hyatt Chase card.

The mlife card gives you Pearl status (which is fairly worthless, IMO, esp in LV).

The Hyatt card gives you Hyatt Platinum status, which then can be status matched to MLife Gold as part of the Hyatt-MGM partnership.

Given the choice between $75 annual fee on the Hyatt card, and having to gamble high enough to earn MLife Gold directly... seems like a no brainer to me. Even if you don't take advantage of everything else the Hyatt card gives you with Hyatt directly (free nights, extra points).
Old Aug 28, 16, 4:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Black, Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Mlife Pearl
Originally Posted by Wooglin View Post
I don't understand the appeal of this card when compared to the Hyatt Chase card.

The mlife card gives you Pearl status (which is fairly worthless, IMO, esp in LV).

The Hyatt card gives you Hyatt Platinum status, which then can be status matched to MLife Gold as part of the Hyatt-MGM partnership.

Given the choice between $75 annual fee on the Hyatt card, and having to gamble high enough to earn MLife Gold directly... seems like a no brainer to me. Even if you don't take advantage of everything else the Hyatt card gives you with Hyatt directly (free nights, extra points).
What you say is true for alot of people. But for me, Mlife gold status isn't much better than pearl except for priority hotel check-in (which is included with the mastercard). There are a few other perks to gold but nothing that I personally value. Since I don't generally stay at Hyatts, free is the better deal. Sadly, it's all academic for me since neither card is available in Canada
Old Aug 28, 16, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
What you say is true for alot of people. But for me, Mlife gold status isn't much better than pearl except for priority hotel check-in (which is included with the mastercard). There are a few other perks to gold but nothing that I personally value. Since I don't generally stay at Hyatts, free is the better deal. Sadly, it's all academic for me since neither card is available in Canada
Mlife Gold does get you both free valet parking and self parking, while Pearl only gives you free self parking.
Old Aug 29, 16, 4:25 am

Is that a permanent match to MLife Gold as long as you maintain Hyatt Platinum via the card? Or, is it just a first (one) year match?
Old Aug 29, 16, 8:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by hi-guy View Post
Is that a permanent match to MLife Gold as long as you maintain Hyatt Platinum via the card? Or, is it just a first (one) year match?
Permanent (as long as MGM and Hyatt don't eliminate their partnership).

As long as you have Hyatt Plat status, you have MLife Gold (you may have to re-match every year, but you can do it online).

Hyatt Diamond status will get you MLife Plat, but there's no way to get Diamond with a CC.

You can also earn TCs when staying at Hyatt.

Details in this thread on the Hyatt FT forum, and on the MLife website and HyattGP website
Old Aug 30, 16, 10:35 am

Programs: DL PM
To me the appeal is the ability to earn tier credits toward Mlife Platinum status from card spend. Plus I've never stayed at a Hyatt hotel in my life and given their relatively small network I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Old Sep 4, 16, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ♦ (from BR), HH♦, SPG Plat Gaming: Cosmo Plt, mLife Plt, TR 7*
Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
To me the appeal is the ability to earn tier credits toward Mlife Platinum status from card spend.
I dunno if that's really worth it - by not using a typical 2% cashback card (and assuming you use up all your mLife points), you're effectively paying 1 cent per TC earned with the mLife card. OTOH, you can simply pay 4 cents per TC just through mLife property spend, but you get whatever you bought, too. I'd skip the mLife card and consider it a 25% discount on whatever you spend at mLife properties in Vegas to get you over the Platinum cutoff.

Well, as OP said, there's keeping the comp balance active. I can't think of any other good reasons to have it - most people who stay at mLife properties are already going to have Pearl status. Maybe a local who really needs to self park after 12/29, or a visitor who doesn't stay at mLife properties who really wants that buffet line pass?

Last edited by gengar; Sep 6, 16 at 10:17 pm
Old Sep 5, 16, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I was surprised how they were issuing this CC at the mLife desk right then and there.
Old Mar 10, 17, 9:32 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott, Wyndham, SPG, United, Delta, Alaska, AA, Southwest
Permanent (as long as MGM and Hyatt don't eliminate their partnership).

As long as you have Hyatt Plat status, you have MLife Gold (you may have to re-match every year, but you can do it online).

Hyatt Diamond status will get you MLife Plat, but there's no way to get Diamond with a CC.

You can also earn TCs when staying at Hyatt.

Details in this thread on the Hyatt FT forum, and on the MLife website and HyattGP website
Or Hyatt doesn't change the deal ( as they have) and you only get Mlife Pearl for being a Hyatt CC holder.

What are people redeeming 10K Mlife points you receive for spending the $1000 for.

I'm not that familiar with MLIFE points
Old Mar 28, 17, 6:15 pm

easy to get this card? instant approval?

Search this Thread