Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Gaming Loyalty Programs
Reload this Page >

Total Rewards: When/how do Tier Credits for a hotel stay post?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir

Complete Total Rewards newbie here (I'm not even enrolled!).

Do Tier Credits from an eligible resort stay post all at once after checkout? And these TCs count towards the Tier Credit Bonus, right?

I did some internet and FT searching but couldn't find anything on these questions, although my search term choice may not have been optimal.

I ask because I'm thinking about booking one of the Nobu suites at Caesar's, and the rate for two of the nights would put me at right under one of the bonuses. Of course, if the TCs are rewarded all at once at checkout (as I guess it would), that's irrelevant.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 6:51 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by gengar
Complete Total Rewards newbie here (I'm not even enrolled!).

Do Tier Credits from an eligible resort stay post all at once after checkout? And these TCs count towards the Tier Credit Bonus, right?

I did some internet and FT searching but couldn't find anything on these questions, although my search term choice may not have been optimal.

I ask because I'm thinking about booking one of the Nobu suites at Caesar's, and the rate for two of the nights would put me at right under one of the bonuses. Of course, if the TCs are rewarded all at once at checkout (as I guess it would), that's irrelevant.
Unless it has changed since last year (and I have not read anywhere that it has) everything that is charged to your room will post on the final day of your stay. So, rooms and anything else you charge to your room will post in one lump charge. Last year when staying at Paris for a convention I ended up with 2200+ TC. 1200+ for room charge and 1k bonus for TC earned on that day(which was only the room charges, no gambling or other spend).
Old Mar 21, 2015, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by xylicmagnuson
Unless it has changed since last year (and I have not read anywhere that it has) everything that is charged to your room will post on the final day of your stay. So, rooms and anything else you charge to your room will post in one lump charge. Last year when staying at Paris for a convention I ended up with 2200+ TC. 1200+ for room charge and 1k bonus for TC earned on that day(which was only the room charges, no gambling or other spend).
Thanks for the info! I suppose this way is preferable for most guests, since it's more likely to be able to achieve a higher TC bonus with the lump sum.

Last edited by gengar; Mar 23, 2015 at 3:15 pm
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

It took 2+ weeks for the points to post, but I can confirm that all the TCs from hotel charges posted retroactively to the day of checkout. Painless way to achieve DIAD

Amusingly, I got an e-mail from TR congratulating me on my 10k TC bonus about a week before any of the TCs actually posted.

Last edited by gengar; Apr 8, 2015 at 12:29 am
Old Apr 7, 2015, 8:38 pm

Yeah they can be slow to post sometimes. I am still awaiting some TC to post from a stay in Tunica from this time last week. Gambling posts within a day or so, but room and folio stuff takes a week or so it seems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.