Search

New Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

New Promotion

Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Hint: Book separate segments to take advantage of 5,000 miles for each segment.

Double check the miles you will receive at checkout. (There is a dropdown that tells you this.)
Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by mayiplease
Hint: Book separate segments to take advantage of 5,000 miles for each segment.

Double check the miles you will receive at checkout. (There is a dropdown that tells you this.)
two questions:
1. Is miles' worth remaining same as up to last year?
2. When was last "5k miles sale", and when do you think next one may come?
Old Mar 1, 2024, 7:12 am
Original Poster

SinglePapa2,

I am about to find out the answer to question 1. I took some “Spring Cleaning” vacation time next week and then this promotion popped up. The thought of Spring Cleaning flew out the window and I’m going on a mileage run or two next week instead.

The promotion that Frontier had at the tail end of last year (for tickets bought up to 12/31/23) was for both miles flown (the old formula) plus cost of ticket (the new formula). I managed to accumulate 18,000 status miles from that promotion alone so far for this year. I focused more on long cheap flights because the miles flown was a much higher (and more valuable) number.

This new promotion appears to provide a chunk of 5,000 miles for each segment flown regardless of the number of miles flown (a better variation of the old formula) plus cost of the ticket (the new formula). So I am focusing on shorter cheap hops because I should receive 5,000 miles for each hop regardless of the distance plus the cost of the ticket.

I provided my screenshot of the terms above so that you could interpret them for yourself. I’ll know more about how this shakes out later next week. Am I 100% sure that this is going to work out like I expect? No. But I think it will. Especially after my favorable experience accumulating status miles from the last big promotion.

Oh, if you do this, remember that you have to “register” first. (I registered a couple of times just to be sure it took. LOL)

As to question 2, I don’t know how often they are going to offer deals like this. I try to monitor Frontier closely because they like to slip in deals like this occasionally.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:11 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
For the life of me, I cannot find the offer or link to register on either the app or website.

would some please post a link to the registration page. TIA.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 9:58 am

Looks like the registration form was here: https://www.flyfrontier.com/5000-bon...es-and-points/ or https://www.flyfrontier.com/deals/sales/5k-bonus/
But it says the deal is over
Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:01 pm

You have to use your customized link to register for the promotion or you will get the error about the promotion already being over. Search for an email from Frontier Airlines ([email protected]) on 2/29 with the subject "ONE DAY ONLY: Leap into $29 flights for the 29th". That will contain your personalized link which will allow you to register. The link might be single use only so make sure you have your Frontier Miles number ready to go when you click on it. I also found it difficult to get the registration form to submit so good luck!
SinglePapa2 likes this.

Last edited by jjbiv; Mar 1, 2024 at 2:12 pm
Old Mar 1, 2024, 7:05 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Thanks. I pulled up that email and the offer was buried about four things down. Clicking on it, I get the “over” message.

they send me crap emails every day and then bury a good offer in one.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by jjbiv
You have to use your customized link to register for the promotion or you will get the error about the promotion already being over. Search for an email from Frontier Airlines ([email protected]) on 2/29 with the subject "ONE DAY ONLY: Leap into $29 flights for the 29th". That will contain your personalized link which will allow you to register. The link might be single use only so make sure you have your Frontier Miles number ready to go when you click on it. I also found it difficult to get the registration form to submit so good luck!
You're correct: if you're signed in, offer shows up from that email's click. TY

My questions remain:
1. Is miles' worth remaining same as up to last year?
2. When was last "5k miles sale", and when do you think next one may come?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That 5000 point offer was a good catch. I searched my emails and found the offer, but when I clicked to register it said "expired." Oh, well. I was thinking of cancelling and rebooking a couple of flights. I'd value 5000 Frontier miles at about 50 bucks so it might be worth doing -- and then hope you get the extra credits!
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
That 5000 point offer was a good catch. I searched my emails and found the offer, but when I clicked to register it said "expired." Oh, well. I was thinking of cancelling and rebooking a couple of flights. I'd value 5000 Frontier miles at about 50 bucks so it might be worth doing -- and then hope you get the extra credits!
5k sales used to be announced once a quarter. I haven't noticed any in a while now?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:42 pm

Just so that I'm reading this right, if I book, say, 6 one ways after having registered, I'll get 30,000 total miles and Elite miles/points? I have 100,000 redeemable miles and 5500 Elite points. So this means that I'll have 130,000 miles and 35,500 Elite points? Am I understanding this correctly?

That's what I just did actually...booked 3 up and back el cheapo roundtrips all on an April Saturday. If it's just the 5000 miles per one way, that would be fine; but what I really hoping is that my interpretation of the Elite points is correct. If so, I could book 5 more of these ultra cheap up and back roundtrips before end of April by tonight, and I'd be Diamond.

For the record, I registered yesterday, and it went through after a few tries and curse words. When I pulled the dropdown menus down for all of these flights, I did not see "5000 miles" as mentioned upthread. Usually these are added later in past promotions, but that link in the February 29th email didn't have any extra information regarding terms and conditions that I could see.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Now that the website says that the promotion is no longer available, I’m not sure that Frontier is going to honor the extra 5,000 miles promotion at all (not even for the time period that it was available).

I registered and bought tickets the first day of the promotion (before it was pulled). At the time I bought the tickets, my dropdown at checkout showed the extra 5,000 miles per ticket.

After reading the comments (which was after the promotion was pulled), I went back to one of my confirmation emails, clicked manage my booking, and walked through it. The extra 5,000 miles did not appear.

I will let you know what happens after my mileage run later this week. I think I am glad I only booked one mileage run. I had originally planned on booking another one or two by the deadline, but the promotion was pulled before I had a chance to do it.

Last edited by mayiplease; Mar 4, 2024 at 11:13 pm
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:53 pm

There is a 2000 point bonus offer with a roundtrip purchase for the rest of the month. Search for an email from today with the subject: "March Madness Alert: Score 2,000 Bonus Miles!"

Direct link if you want to try your luck: https://www.flyfrontier.com/march-madness
pretzlaff and rhwbullhead like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by jjbiv
There is a 2000 point bonus offer with a roundtrip purchase for the rest of the month. Search for an email from today with the subject: "March Madness Alert: Score 2,000 Bonus Miles!"

Direct link if you want to try your luck: https://www.flyfrontier.com/march-madness
Went ahead and registered... though since they don't specifically call out elite qualifying in the promo I'm not optimistic this is half as good (or even 2/5 as good) as the previous 5k bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.