Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Oversold flight results in IDB, lies and no compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2023, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Last July 26 I had booked a flight from Miami to Puerto Rico.
I wanted to check at the airport as I could not do it on line.
I was told that they would charge me $ 25 to have it done there.
Thus I did it on my phone but I was not assigned a seat. The woman at the counter told me not to worry as I would be assigned a seat at the gate.
Once at the gate I brought the boarding pass to the attendant there who kept the boarding pass and told me thay would calll me shortly and assign me a seat. This was almos two hours befopre boarding time.
I relaxed and waited. About 30 minutes or so of boarding time I went to the attendant and she told me to wait again. But she remained there doing nothing so I asked het what did I have to wait for. She told me: to get your seat.
Suddenly I realized that there were like 20 people in the same situation.. They assigned seats to some of those but still thay would not give us any explanatio until thay said that the flight was closed !! Only then they said that the flight had been oversold and that we will not be able to fly. They gave us a sheet with instructions to get a refund 4 times higher that what we had paid., They would not offer to pay for my two way ttransportation ( about $ 80) and they told us they would send us an email with more instructions which I am still waiting for.
I tried to chat with them in two occasions.It took me one hour the first time and about 90 minutes the second time, They wear yo uout having you wait and wait. They also said thart they would not refund me 400%, that that did not exisst and that I had been given a voucher for $ 250 which was also a lie. So finally the offer to refund me what I had paid !!!
I lost transportation money, a two night reservation at a Hotel in PR plau the aggravation of not being able yto assist to a very importamt meeting.

They are thieves.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
You can always file a DOT complaint. They will respond to that.

https://secure.dot.gov/air-travel-complaint
Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:46 am

I filed a dot complaint a week ago for a different issue and still haven’t heard back

Originally Posted by trm2
You can always file a DOT complaint. They will respond to that.

https://secure.dot.gov/air-travel-complaint
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
The airline has 30 days to respond to DOT and 60 days to respond to you.
1969cad likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:23 am
Original Poster

thanks trm2 ! appreciate your help
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:51 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA,UA,DL,BA,HH,*W,BW
@Rolando What airline? I'm guessing Spirit?
Old Aug 16, 2023, 8:08 am
Original Poster

airline

No, another thief : Frontirt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.