Wiki Posts
Search

When the elite benefits start?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:03 am
lpy
Original Poster

When will the elite benefits start?

I will meet Elite 20K requirement by Feb 20, and I have a flight on Feb 25 booked previously as a non status member. My question is that will I be able to bring a carry on baggage free of charge on my 2/25 flight, as part of Elite 20K benefits.

For other airlines, it should have no issue, but I am not sure if it is the case for Frontier.

Last edited by lpy; Feb 9, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:24 am

Programs: Discount Den and Delta Miles
Go back to your confirmation after you see the elite status is posted and change/manage the choices to select free carry-on and 24 hours prior to the flight, go in and try to find a strech seat.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 9:20 am
lpy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cbrosius
Go back to your confirmation after you see the elite status is posted and change/manage the choices to select free carry-on and 24 hours prior to the flight, go in and try to find a strech seat.
thanks, this helps.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:18 am

Benefits are usually 'stuck' at whatever status you had when you purchased the ticket. So you probably won't be able to choose your seat and select a carry-on on your existing booking. Once your status is showing online, you may have to chat with Frontier support to get them added manually.

Luckily this IT issue works both ways... if you buy tickets with status, but lose status before you fly, the benefits remain attached to the reservation.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: Discount Den and Delta Miles
Summer of 2020 Frontier did a triple mile promo and it clearly stated it counted towards elite. My wife hit the 20 K on the "to" leg MCO to LAS. When I checked in for the return, the website gave her the free upgrade seat.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 12:28 am
lpy
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maskedmesothorium
Benefits are usually 'stuck' at whatever status you had when you purchased the ticket. So you probably won't be able to choose your seat and select a carry-on on your existing booking. Once your status is showing online, you may have to chat with Frontier support to get them added manually.

Luckily this IT issue works both ways... if you buy tickets with status, but lose status before you fly, the benefits remain attached to the reservation.
Quick update here: I could not add a free carry-on to my existing bookings via online option, but I chatted with a Frontier support to get them added manually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.