Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Does my Personal Item have to remain under the seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2023, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

I will be flying Frontier for the first time in March.

Q: Once my personal item is on board the aircraft must I place it under the seat in front of me or may I - space permitting place it in the overhead storage compartment. I am 6'1" and I fear my legroom will be greatly impacted, if my personal item has to be under the seat the entire time (boarding, taxi, take off, cruise, landing, taxi) etc.

Please advise.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 5:15 pm

No, your personal item doesn't have to go under the seat in front of you and can go in the overhead bin. They might suggest the item go under the seat in front of you but there is almost always room in the overhead bins.
jebr likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:41 pm

You can pay for a bin bag. You can pay for stretch seating.

You can take your chances that there will be bin space available and FA won't object.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:43 am

Programs: Discount Den and Delta Miles
It depends on the zealousness of the crew on your flight. You will find out as soon as you walk through that cabin door.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 5:48 am

If I want to stretch my legs, I just scoot my personal item towards me as far as it will go, and then put my feet under the seat in front of me, where the personal item used to be.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 7:22 am

I've never had an issue putting my personal item in the overhead bin on any of the US ULCCs, including Frontier.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jebr
I've never had an issue putting my personal item in the overhead bin on any of the US ULCCs, including Frontier.
Good to know the FAs are not generally going to be sticklers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.