Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying Miles by Donating Miles?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Qualifying Miles by Donating Miles?

Haven't seen this posted anywhere else on the Frontier website but it was in their email to me yesterday. Doesn't seem targeted but it could be a good way to top off qualifying miles if they don't offer a 3x or match again. Donation Page
Old Oct 6, 2022, 4:24 am

[QUOTE=lidosjawn;34654611]Haven't seen this posted anywhere else on the Frontier website but it was in their email to me yesterday. Doesn't seem targeted but it could be a good way to top off qualifying miles if they don't offer a 3x or match again. Donation Page[/QUOTE

Thanks for the tip. Didn’t catch this offer from the email since it was located towards the bottom. I’m gonna do it because I am not confident there will a 3x miles or match offer for current elites.

Last edited by ericjenrique; Oct 6, 2022 at 4:41 am
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:43 am

Anyone else do this?

I donated 20k miles during the promo period. The terms and Conditions stated that the elite miles and the donation would take three days to reflect on the account. It has been two weeks and no changes to my account. I sent a feedback message on the website a week ago with no response and I also sent a Facebook message to frontier five days ago with no response. Did anyone else donate miles and did you receive elite status miles?
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:10 pm

Somehow I missed this promo
I would have loved to have participated, I have extra redeemable miles and might fall 3k short of elite for next year... of course the website still says my status expires 12/31/2023, but I really don't trust it.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
I got my 20k elite miles today and a friend got his today as well.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by GumboCook
I got my 20k elite miles today and a friend got his today as well.

Got mine as well. Now, hopefully the bonus miles from the last sale (two round trips and 20k bonus) will count as Elite miles. If so, I will hit 100k again.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by ericjenrique
I donated 20k miles during the promo period. The terms and Conditions stated that the elite miles and the donation would take three days to reflect on the account. It has been two weeks and no changes to my account. I sent a feedback message on the website a week ago with no response and I also sent a Facebook message to frontier five days ago with no response. Did anyone else donate miles and did you receive elite status miles?

Was happy to see 20k elite miles added to my profile this morning for the donation. Now I’m @50k miles for year. Was hoping to hit 100k but without a qualifying miles multiplier promotion it won’t happen for me. Seeing that we are already into November, doubtful it will be offered.

I did get written confirmation from F9 that the 4x bonus miles September promo was not qualifying miles just redeemable miles, so assuming the recent October 20k bonus for 2RT is also not qualifying since qualifying miles were not specified in the terms.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:42 am

Was happy to see 20k elite miles added to my profile this morning for the donation. Now I’m @50k miles for year. Was hoping to hit 100k but without a qualifying miles multiplier promotion it won’t happen for me. Seeing that we are already into November, doubtful it will be offered.

I did get written confirmation from F9 that the 4x bonus miles September promo was not qualifying miles just redeemable miles, so assuming the recent October 20k bonus for 2RT is also not qualifying since qualifying miles were not specified in the terms.
That would be my guess as well. I have enough flights booked to hit 100k (currently at 45k) if the promo counts towards status. I have a flight next week and will confirm. If not, I will cancel the other flights and get the refund and hope for a multiplier event. But doesnt look likely since last year it was already announced.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 1:12 pm

Was the 20k bonus just for existing elite members? I don't recall seeing it.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by jjbiv
Was the 20k bonus just for existing elite members? I don't recall seeing it.
I don’t think so. It was hidden on bottom of one of the promo emails after the hurricane. I didn’t notice when the email came through but was alerted to it when I saw this post.
jjbiv likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by cjbryant03
That would be my guess as well. I have enough flights booked to hit 100k (currently at 45k) if the promo counts towards status. I have a flight next week and will confirm. If not, I will cancel the other flights and get the refund and hope for a multiplier event. But doesnt look likely since last year it was already announced.
i google searched last year’s elite status multiplier promo. Was for flights taken 11/15 to 12/31. So, there is a possibility that we might see it again when it gets closer to 11/15.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by cjbryant03
i google searched last year’s elite status multiplier promo. Was for flights taken 11/15 to 12/31. So, there is a possibility that we might see it again when it gets closer to 11/15.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 9:19 pm

I thought it was earlier than that for some reason. But that is good that it might still happen. Thats really the only way to get to 100k if you dont have the credit card and not doing status match with another airline. For me, Vegas trips are a little over 20k miles (with 5x bonus) from Orlando. Last year I ran 4 trips to Vegas (get off and come right back) and got my 100k. Even flying several times a month this year, I only got to about 25k organically. 100k organically is impossible.. lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.