Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No phone support?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

No phone support?

Is it just me or is Frontier impossible to get through to on the telephone any longer? I have a couple flights that have had time changes that I need to cancel. The website won't allow me to do it and it gives me their reservations number to call. When I call it all I keep getting is a recording saying that they are "at capacity" and to try again later. This has been going on for a while. Anyone else having these kind of issues? Not sure what to do here.

Thanks
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Haven’t tried this with Froniter but has worked with other airlines: send a direct message via Twitter. The social media team may be quicker to respond.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Haven’t tried this with Froniter but has worked with other airlines: send a direct message via Twitter. The social media team may be quicker to respond.
Works, but they are just as stubborn as phone support.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Same thing again this morning ... "We have exceeded our capacity, please try again later." So am I trying via Facebook Messenger to get my flights cancelled. What a way to run an airline, you can't even get an agent on the phone.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
1) Cancel online (recognizing you have probably tried to do this)
2) Note date + time you called, plus record if possible, so that you have paper trail for a credit card dispute and / or DOT complaint in the event that Frontier gives you a hard time in recovering your $$, particularly if you are not able to cancel before the flight
Old Jun 25, 2020, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

It may come down to that. I don't want to but I've tried calling like 5 times today and you can't get through. I don't understand how an airline has no functioning customer service.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Easiest is to simply use the "Provide Feedback" form. One of the options is "Request Refund". Simply complete the form, take a screenshot and save that.

F9 then has 7 days in which to initiate a refund. On the 8th day, file both a chargeback and a DOT complaint. Include the following with both:
1. Copy of your e-ticket receipt.
2. Notice of time-change or schedule showing the change.
3. Screenshot of your refund request
4. Any response or the fact that there has been no response.

If you package it all this way, you should see a temporary credit in a day or two and that will become permanent soon enough.

No reason to wait or to spend time & effort tracking this stuff down.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
F9 then has 7 days in which to initiate a refund.
What is the source to this time limitation? More specifically, is this some kind of DOT requirement or a timeline set worth by F9 itself?

Last edited by DarkHelmetII; Jun 26, 2020 at 6:35 am
Old Jun 26, 2020, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII
What is the source to this time limitation? More specifically, is this some kind of DOT requirement or a timeline set worth by F9 itself?
See the very last item on this page: https://www.transportation.gov/indiv...ection/refunds
Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:19 am

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Less than 2 minute wait

called in around 1:50pm pacific time and less than 2 min wait to talk to someone about a refund due to a schedule change. Paid with voucher, got voucher reinstated.

Called around 7am as well and no support available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.