Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier to return to Wilmington, DE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
So if I go to the airport to ticket, I should be able to take off the $21 CIC? I'm thinking of booking this fare for 3 people roundtrip. So that would be worth $126? I have to go later this week to drop somebody off at the airport. It's tempting to try it.
Correct. You would save $21 on each flight. But keep in mind you don't get any other discounts when you purchase in person, so it's always best to compare with what Frontier is offering on its website, whether it be Discount Den, or a percentage off fare. You can always add bags and/or seats later.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by liberty805
Correct. You would save $21 on each flight. But keep in mind you don't get any other discounts when you purchase in person, so it's always best to compare with what Frontier is offering on its website, whether it be Discount Den, or a percentage off fare. You can always add bags and/or seats later.
Also bags cost more too..please look at the baggage info on their website to be sure as to how much. Bag costs now are based on the actual flight rather than just a standard fee or even a fee for a certain route.
https://www.flyfrontier.com/travel/t...fo/bag-options
Old Mar 25, 2020, 11:41 am

No surprise here, but it looks like Frontier is delaying the start of the ILG-MCO route. It was originally to begin May 14th but they aren't taking any bookings until June 25th. I'm highly skeptical this route will run at all this summer as it didn't appear to make much sense under even the best of conditions and now just seems pointlessly absurd.

Last edited by liberty805; Mar 25, 2020 at 12:10 pm
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by liberty805
No surprise here, but it looks like Frontier is delaying the start of the ILG-MCO route. It was originally to begin May 14th but they aren't taking any bookings until June 25th. I'm highly skeptical this route will run at all this summer as it didn't appear to make much sense under even the best of conditions and now just seems pointlessly absurd.
Yup, I don't think I'd be making my Wilmington, DE travel plans yet.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:11 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Yeah, this is a bummer. I hope it runs for some amount of time.

The total airline nerd in me really wants to grab a commercial flight in or out of Delaware, just so I can say I've flown into/out of all 50 states.

Then I guess I'd have to start worrying about Saipan and Pago Pago to really complete the challenge.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Maybe this service is DOA? I see "Wilmington" is still listed as a destination on the website, but I don't think you can actually buy a ticket. The Delaware Airline Curse returns.

FWIW, I think it would be nuts to buy a ticket on Frontier right now. In a way it wouldn't be nuts to buy a ticket for summer on one of the major carriers -- especially since they're offering a free change. "Changing" your Frontier ticket to something else you might want could be challenging.

EDIT: the local paper did a story discussing this uncertainty.

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...ak/2936668001/

Last edited by iahphx; Apr 2, 2020 at 9:32 am
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

duplicate
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:03 pm

https://www.delawareonline.com/story...ll/5112119002/
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yup. Poor Wilmington won't be seeing any air service for quite some time. The Curse remains.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:33 pm

Trenton may be in the same boat soon...
Old Apr 21, 2020, 2:20 pm

And they're coming back again...

https://townsquaredelaware.com/2020/...9UzvuWwBXa_TSQ
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by winstoda
I guess we'll see. But if the fare is more than $11, I suggest you wait a while to buy your tickets. Just in case, of course.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Bringing this back up.

Service started this Thursday.

I am taking the flight ILG-MCO later today.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 11:25 am

So flights have actually started. I'm surprised they pulled this off but also disappointed that the one major perk of flying out of ILG, free parking, is now gone. $5/day isn't bad, but I can get close to that at PHL using the Global Airport Parking website.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 2:35 pm

Just took the second ILG MCO flight.

About 40 folks on the plane. Plenty of room to spread out.

Not sure if it will last but glad I got use a commercial airport in Delaware once.

​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.