Frontier's ever-changing route map

Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Anyone have any insight on the LAX-COS route for 2019? It only ran for a few months this year, but it was super convenient. The frontier website only shows the seasonal route as of last year.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
For s time they flew CLE-FLL flights were always very full then they pulled most flights out off FLL and moved then to MIA but that only lasted 1 year now they fly to PBI. So many route changes plus many flights only operate 3 days a week.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
ATL continues to get the really awful camp-out-in-DEN-airport "connections" to places via the Denver hub. You'd think a top priority would be to get those working more smoothly to/from the biggest cities that have the biggest potential markets for the connecting routes. But from ATL they don't have the fares or the schedule to have same-day connections via DEN to many places. It's not like a city like BHM or GSP or even BNA will have that many people looking to go to ELP, RNO, GEG or someplace like that. But with ATL they're really missing a bet because the only non-stop option for some of those places might be DL (charging a lot) and WN might not be that great, either.

I've flown connections on award tickets (though no camp-outs to date), but lately it seems like every time I check there's a nasty overnight involved...that situation seems to be getting worse rather than better. Seems like only the non-stops work.
ftv likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:52 am

Connections are purely incidental in Frontier’s model. Routes either work or do not work based on O&D traffic and their low fares stimulating more travel on nonstop routes.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 7:51 am
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
Agreed. F9 seems to price based on segments, with sometimes odd and ill-timed connections pricing far higher than the nonstop, unlike almost every other carrier out there, which computes the route cost, then prices start point to end point, adding on PFCs and TSA money grabs.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:18 am
Original Member

Raising this thread from the dead for my annual request:

Originally Posted by beyondhere
Just check wikipedia and verify from the airline website. For example, google wikipedia PHX and it will show all the destinations that Frontier and Spirit fly out of the PHX airport. And then verify from the airline website.
Now that I have the Frontier status match, it's time to again attempt to discover when/where they actually fly. Wikipedia used to do an okay job, but post-covid the F9 routes are completely wrong for departing airports, and Wikipedia will fight you if you attempt to correct them. So is there a DOT site or a source for Frontier nonstops? Nowhere on their website do they provide information as to where they fly point-to-point.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Tino
Raising this thread from the dead for my annual request:

Now that I have the Frontier status match, it's time to again attempt to discover when/where they actually fly. Wikipedia used to do an okay job, but post-covid the F9 routes are completely wrong for departing airports, and Wikipedia will fight you if you attempt to correct them. So is there a DOT site or a source for Frontier nonstops? Nowhere on their website do they provide information as to where they fly point-to-point.
I use FlightsFrom.com to look where they fly. I used DEN as an example.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 11:01 am
Original Member

Thank you. That is an attractive site. Also extremely buggy and inaccurate. My initial searches for F9 routes from TPA lists an incomplete set of nonstop cities, missing several that I know exist. For the remaining cities, the site states "We don't have any scheduled departures between TPA and [CITY] for this date" on dates when there actually is a flight). If you click on the date that says "0 flights" it sends you to Kayak, where it tells, yes, a flight actually does exist.

I'm not sure how the data on this site can be so inaccurate, since it looks like it is using data directly from the airlines.

Last edited by Tino; Dec 7, 2021 at 11:28 am
Old Dec 7, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I use google flights explore set to F9 only.

Last edited by pretzlaff; Dec 7, 2021 at 3:12 pm
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:48 am
Original Member

That is not an option on Google Flights for any combination of cities and dates. You can choose all airlines or just an alliance.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:12 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Google flights can be difficult, but if you come back to the explore map from an F9 search, then you get the map with just F9 showing.

So, go to google flights and put in something like DEN to LAS, and choose only Frontier. Then change the LAS to United States and hit return. The Explore map should come up for the whole country but with only F9 flights. Then you can change the origin city to what ever you want as well as the dates. Then save that to your desktop to get it back immediately when you want just this search.

I would put my link here but it is hundreds of alphanumberics long and I am afraid that some of my cookie info is embedded in it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.