Frontier legit or Spirit equivalent?

Old May 25, 2017, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Frontier legit or Spirit equivalent?

My wife wants to fly from Tampa to Las Vegas and I have 2 choices for non-stop flights.

Outbound flight on WN is $350 and Frontier is $150.

How reliable is Frontier?

Any feedback is appreciated as I don't have any experience w Frontier and would never put her on a Spirit flight due to the number of complaints from delays/cancellations.

Thanks in advance

Anthony
Old May 26, 2017, 11:19 am

I fly them several times a year. Never had any huge issues. Like most ULCCs, things can go bad in irrops since they often have only a single flight per day (or less) in most markets. For $200 savings, I'd take my chances and book them.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the feedback.

It is amazing that with all the little fees (seat/carryon/checked bags) + cost of discount den, how the difference in fares is dramatically reduced.
Old May 26, 2017, 1:47 pm

The discount den fee is once a year. You also get a free "personal item." I use a student style backpack, which is all I need for a few days. I usually get an aisle seat for free by listing that as my seating preference on my early returns profile. I will sometimes pay for stretch or exit row on a long flight, but generally avoid the fees.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by atwnsw2
How reliable is Frontier?

Any feedback is appreciated...
Don't solicit anecdotes. The DOT provides on-time summaries each month.

https://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/r...tatistics.html

The DOT also has data by airport. Carriers are required to report on-time performance for established flights at the booking screen - and have since 2010. (Click on the flight number hyperlink.) Frontier got a reminder.

https://www.transportation.gov/brief...e-its-web-site

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.