Wiki Posts
Search

Could Frontier expand more out of CLT?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2016, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Could Frontier expand more out of CLT?

They seem to be doing excellently here, A321 often go out full. Any potential for expansion across the greater network or more to MCO?
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I imagine gate space is a concern at CLT but it's probably possible. They have expanded a little bit out of RDU with flights to ORD and CLE sticking.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CMK10
I imagine gate space is a concern at CLT but it's probably possible. They have expanded a little bit out of RDU with flights to ORD and CLE sticking.
Right! They don't have enough gate space available. Because of the construction going on.

Only where they fly out RDU or CLE instead. They do have enough space and nothing else.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Some markets are jinxed as having "too many people who don't want to go anywhere' or at least fly anywhere. I've heard that said about Kansas City, for example, where one of the concourses is still idle and they built the car-rental facility and people didn't come. You'd think a city that size right in the middle of the country could do better on flights and maybe become a hub for someone, but it has struggled.

I don't think CLT is at quite that level, but if you factor out AA and Jet Blue and some smaller players, there's probably a bit of skepticism about how big the market really is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.