Wiki Posts
Search

Is Frontier airlines worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by iahphx
My guess is the strategy will work, because the only reason to fly Spirit/Frontier is if you really want to fly somewhere, but the cost is prohibitive on the "regular" airlines. If the savings aren't substantial, no one of sound mind would fly Spirit/Frontier.
In my case just now, even buying the "hey, you get refundable airfare! and a stretch seat! and a carryon! and a checked bag!" addon to the fare, I still saved about half the cost of a nonstop fare on NK vs. AS, UA or AA ORD-SEA, and it was a substantial half the price.

I'd get a nice seat on AA or AS and a slim chance at an upgrade on AS, but still... I'll take my chances with IRROPS I guess, and report back on how uncomfortable the seat is. I don't generally recline unless I am in first or in a lie-flat.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I'll take my chances with IRROPS I guess, and report back on how uncomfortable the seat is. I don't generally recline unless I am in first or in a lie-flat.
Stretch Seats do recline!
Old Jul 19, 2016, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I don't generally recline unless I am in first or in a lie-flat.
Thanks! I don't find the 2 inches of recline makes any difference in my comfort, but it definitely makes it harder to use my laptop if the person in front of me reclines.

I'm trying out Frontier for the first time tomorrow morning since they had a better schedule for AUS->MCO than Southwest or JetBlue. What's weird is I got Zone 1 since I paid for a carryon, but my wife got Zone 4, even though I checked us in at the same time!?
I wonder if they'll let her board with me in Zone1?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Tried flying them last week ORD-RDU. First we were delayed a half hour due to a faulty tire. Then we sat on the ground for two hours during an ORD ground stop. We didn't receive many updates, though the F/As passed out water. We returned to the gate where we sat without updates again. I eventually got a refund and rebooked myself on AA. The total F9 delay was over five hours. Sitting in those F9 seats for two hours and not going anywhere was not much fun.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.