Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Frontier Announces Miles to expire after 6m inactivity

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier Announces Miles to expire after 6m inactivity

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2015, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by alphaeagle

Edit:
It does have this on my profile: "Expiration: NA" I assumed that was for elite status, which I no longer have. If that's suppose to be for mileage expiration I'd be OK with that, well if it worked.
I just got an Elite Challenge and know when my temporary status expires, normally status expires at the end of the year. I haven't flown yet so I have no miles. The "Expiration:" says N/A, so I guess it is for your miles.
Old May 9, 2015, 12:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I thought it was just a bug in their website or that it was still under construction, but they still have no mileage history since they removed it with the new site. Is the only way to figure it out when miles actually expire by calling them? They only have a reservations number, no web form contact relevant to this.

Also not sure, was it 6 months from March 7th, or starting March 7th you have needed to use/earn miles within 6 months?

Edit:
It does have this on my profile: "Expiration: NA" I assumed that was for elite status, which I no longer have. If that's suppose to be for mileage expiration I'd be OK with that, well if it worked.
My profile shows NA as well (it used to show a September expiration date). I took five flights on Frontier in the past few weeks and the total miles earned has not changed. My YTD segments went down by 5 though. And my YTD miles went down by the exact distance I flew. So it looks like they are counting the flights you take, but against you.
Old May 9, 2015, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme
My profile shows NA as well (it used to show a September expiration date). I took five flights on Frontier in the past few weeks and the total miles earned has not changed. My YTD segments went down by 5 though. And my YTD miles went down by the exact distance I flew. So it looks like they are counting the flights you take, but against you.
Denver, We have a problem!
Old May 9, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by nobodyherebutme
Sorry, that made me laugh haha. Ridiculous.
Old May 30, 2015, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Did they not make expiration effective 6 months after the start date, but rather retroactive 6 months, announcing it only 2 months in advance? I checked today, and my balance is 0, less than 3 months after the 6 month expiration went into effect. I was going to contact CS., but they make that as difficult as they can.

The transfer wouldn't have netted a lot of points, but this is just a poke in the eye, pushing them further down my airline preference list, approaching Spirit.

Sad, for an airline I once enjoyed.
Old May 30, 2015, 12:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Something changed on my end too. My expiry date was at the end of the year, then two weeks ago I actually flew Frontier and now it's been reset to being 6 months from the flight date
Old Jun 11, 2015, 11:40 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
This is very confusing. For the longest time, my expiration showed NA. Now it shows 6 months from today, but it seems to extend to 6 months into the future each time I log in (i.e. on 6/7 I logged in and it said 12/7, today I logged in and it said 12/12). Maybe logging in resets the expiration?

Regardless, I found a hopefully easy way to generate occasional activity and keep the account active. 100 bonus to sign up, and then points for spend at many airports in the US: http://thanksagain.com/dfw/
Old Jun 12, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: DL,UA,AA,F9,NK,B6
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
This is very confusing. For the longest time, my expiration showed NA. Now it shows 6 months from today, but it seems to extend to 6 months into the future each time I log in (i.e. on 6/7 I logged in and it said 12/7, today I logged in and it said 12/12). Maybe logging in resets the expiration?

Regardless, I found a hopefully easy way to generate occasional activity and keep the account active. 100 bonus to sign up, and then points for spend at many airports in the US: http://thanksagain.com/dfw/
For me, the expiration date is not extended when I log in. It keeps referring to 6 months after my latest trip as supposed.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 8:32 am

Managed to redeem my last 20000 miles for a one-way classic plus ticket (SEA-OMA) but the website was fighting me every step of the way.

Seems it has trouble when you're trying to use the miles from your account to book a flight for someone else. There's a confusing option under contact details that says "I am the passenger" which you're (presumably) supposed to uncheck in this scenario, yet when you do, it blocks the reservation. Also it asks for the FF mileage number but it isn't clarified whether it's the account redeeming the miles, or the account of the traveller (she had her own).

Anyway my impression is the new website looks pretty but still has got issues with redemptions. Good luck, I hope everyone is able to book their FF travel via the website and not have to interact with the call center and pay the extra fee for that...
Old Jun 13, 2015, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by dchapm
Anyway my impression is the new website looks pretty but still has got issues with redemptions. Good luck, I hope everyone is able to book their FF travel via the website and not have to interact with the call center and pay the extra fee for that...
They do seem to be fixing things a little a time, a couple of the initial issues I've had have been fixed, but I haven't done a comprehensive look.

Last edited by rsteinmetz70112; Jun 14, 2015 at 5:26 pm
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Now seeing the same thing for both my and Mrs. MileKing's account. Even though expiration is now showing as 12/14, I'm very fearful that September 7 will arrive (6 months after the March 7 date when the new expiration rules went into effect) and the miles will vanish. Will probably convert to Priority Club points or something else before September to avoid unpleasant surprises. The exchange rate through Points.com is very poor but better than nothing.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by MileKing
Now seeing the same thing for both my and Mrs. MileKing's account. Even though expiration is now showing as 12/14, I'm very fearful that September 7 will arrive (6 months after the March 7 date when the new expiration rules went into effect) and the miles will vanish. Will probably convert to Priority Club points or something else before September to avoid unpleasant surprises. The exchange rate through Points.com is very poor but better than nothing.
I bought a ticket through my company's travel site on 6/12 to fly 6/16-6/19. When I checked my account on F9's site on 6/12, the expiration date showed as 12/12. Today, it shows as 12/15. After I complete the trip, I am expecting that date to end up as either 12/16 or 12/19.

So it may be that the extension isn't being triggered by logging in but rather by the fact that you have an upcoming flight.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:09 pm

I am having same problem as dchapm above (post 39). How did you get it to ticket finally?
Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:40 pm

Is anyone able to view their frequent flyer activity? All I see is my total balance, but I would like to view the details of my recent activity.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by myleguy
I am having same problem as dchapm above (post 39). How did you get it to ticket finally?
Not sure what the confusion was. The last time I redeemed miles for a ticket, I logged in to my account, selected the flights, entered the traveler's information (not mine) and clicked "I am the first passenger" to avoid retyping the contact info, then proceeded through seats and luggage to purchase.

Originally Posted by UAL123
Is anyone able to view their frequent flyer activity? All I see is my total balance, but I would like to view the details of my recent activity.
There doesn't seem to be a way to do that right now. The total balance appears to be clickable but a click currently does nothing. And trips listed under Past Trips have a "+" that also does nothing. Perhaps one or both of those were intended to provide information about mileage accrual but weren't completed as planned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.