Same day confirmed

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:43 am
A4K
Original Poster

Programs: N/A
Same day confirmed

Hi,

I have a Classic Plus fare from Den-dca next weekend. I see same day confirmed is no fee on a classic plus fare with same day travel.

The website isn't clear when I can call and request the change

Is it 24 hours before the flight ? Or has to be same day? Meaning I could call after mid night on the day of travel?

I would actually be looking at confirming a later flight so the timing of when I can request the change is important.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, Hyatt Gold Passport
I got multiple answers from F9 agents about this. One told me 24 hours before the flight. Another told me 12 AM on the day of travel, so they don't even seem to know.

I would start calling 24 hours prior. The worst that could happen is them telling you to call back after midnight.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:57 pm
A4K
Original Poster

Programs: N/A
Thanks. Same thing happened when I called. Was hoping there was some first hand experience on this.

I will try to call at 24 hours before the flight I want to try to get on.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 9:25 am

To add a data point... I am an Elite and used the free same day confirmed benefit for the first time yesterday. I tried calling ~40 hours before my scheduled departure to see what the rules are and was just told they couldn't do anything over the phone, go to the airport. So I went with some friends who were already heading to the airport and requested to change to the flight a full 24 hours before my scheduled one. The ticket counter agent said there was only one seat left on the plane and I could have it!

I asked him if there were rules about same day confirmed and standby published anywhere, and he said Frontier doesn't even tell them what the rules are. So I imagine this might lead to frustration in some cases, but I got a great result this time. This was at LAS which is a focus city, so not like it's a random outstation with uninformed contractors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.