Summits enter here

Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:01 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver, Delta Silver, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Summits enter here

Hey fellow Summits,

What are your latest thoughts on our mostly favorite airline?

Here's a few of mine:

1) What do you think of the staff at non-DEN locations? IAH, SFO and DFW seem to be decent. LAX is hit or miss.

2) At the airport, I love walking up to the Summit check-in line and moving ahead of usually 10-20 people who give me laser eyes in the back of my head.

3) Priority TSA and boarding are a fantastic benefit too. I'm almost always able to get the stretch seat upgrade and that is great for my 6'3" frame.

4) I do miss the free snack that used to be offered, but they never had anything new so it got to be old getting the same thing every week.

5) I do miss the free TV, but I usually buy it anyway. Where else do you get a choice of 3-4 recent movies to watch for $5.99 in the pay-per-view world? Plus all of the other channels too. I will be sad to see it eventually go away as rumored. It means that I don't need to stuff my iPad with things to watch and that saves at least an hour each way.

6) There have been a couple of sour FAs this year, but for the most part they are cheerful and recognize my status.

7) I'm not much of a drinker, but who can turn down free Bailey's Irish Creams in coffee?

8) The Summit ability to bail on a ticket before the flight and reuse the credit later is awesome.

9) Gambling on getting on a later flight as a free same-day change has been iffy this year. The Summit phone line agents aren't budging on the Midnight start either. Rules are rules, I guess.

I hate to see things taken away, but if you look at what we still get as Summits, I prefer F9 to every other airline out there. In the last year, I've also been on SW, Delta, United & American. I have eight trips with Frontier in the next six weeks. I had other choices for these trips - mainly SW - but I hate their cattle call and the unbearably tight legroom with their new interiors. Plus having to pay for everything (except bags on SW).

Frontier has my business... what say you?
Old Apr 20, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
I know you said Summits but as a lowly Ascent member I would like to chime in. I love the priority check-in and priority security. Prority check-in saved me a ton of time in MCO recently (probably 45 minutes), though I do feel guilty at times walking right up to the counter. Priority security at MCO left stuff to be desired still had to wait in the first half of the line. Though I guess if I hit a time where the 2nd half of the line was long it would be a good feature too. Have to wait till check-in for my stretch seating but for the most part I've gotten a free Y+ seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.