Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Frontier Airlines | Frontier Miles Program
Reload this Page >

Flyfrontier.com on the planes instead of Frontier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 11:07 am
Original Poster

http://www.flyfrontier.com/who-we-ar...eet/new-livery
Old May 2, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Guess that explains why they got the current URL out of hibernation. Would've had to use a smaller font to squeeze frontierairlines.com on to the fuselage.
Old May 2, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Marriott Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Tanic
Guess that explains why they got the current URL out of hibernation. Would've had to use a smaller font to squeeze frontierairlines.com on to the fuselage.
Or they could buy some 757-300s
Old May 3, 2013, 10:21 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
At least the "Frontier" portion of the URL is bolded for clarity.
Old May 4, 2013, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
At least the "Frontier" portion of the URL is bolded for clarity.
The "Frontier" portion is the logo as it exists now. The other parts are thinner to fit, methinks, although it's also stylish.
Old May 5, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: Frontier Ascent
I flew Frontier on Friday and noticed that a few of the planes in the "old" livery now have a small white "FlyFrontier.com" added to each of the engines.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
The newest addition to the Frontier fleet is N954FR (a secondhand A319) and it has the "FLYFRONTIER.COM" livery.

Daze
Old May 13, 2013, 9:30 pm

The new livery actually looks pretty darn good.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Glad they aren't messing with the animals on the tails!
Old May 14, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Amtrak
It makes sense for them to advertise their website in this way, since the URL is not intuitive. How many people have typed in what they assumed to be the Frontier Airlines website and instead end up with an unrelated communications company?

Not all airlines have the foresight to grab the most intuitive URL for their name (American, for instance, is in the same boat as Frontier). But most have (United, Delta, Southwest, Spirit, US Airways, Allegiant, etc.)
Old May 18, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by fairviewroad
Not all airlines have the foresight to grab the most intuitive URL for their name (American, for instance, is in the same boat as Frontier). But most have (United, Delta, Southwest, Spirit, US Airways, Allegiant, etc.)
Just a wild guess that most of them had to pay early domain name claim jumpers for those rights. It was a really lucrative field not so many years ago.

Not so much now as a registrar when it comes down to a fight has to have actual use for the name rather than the formerly speculative.
Old May 20, 2013, 7:55 pm

What Frontier should really do is invest in their website. It's still about the worst of any major airline I've used. A lot of features lacking and the one's that work have a cheap, low budget look and feel to them.

I wonder if anyone on Tower Road ever looked into why they couldn't increase their web bookings without selling out the brand to drive flyfrontier.com traffic. It might be because the site stinks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.