Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can we help Frontier survive?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Can we help Frontier survive?

USA Today had an article on how Frontier is backing out of Colorado Sprs...Any ideas on what their next move should be? My advice is...

1. Go where US/AMR back out of
2. Invest in TPA (MCO is to cut throat)

Thank you...
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:39 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
I'm not so sure US/AMR will be backing away from much, certainly not anything lucrative. TPA doesn't have quite the same draw as MCO, and Frontier has the cost structure to make MCO work, but I could see them try some P2P flights there.

I wouldn't read too much into the Colorado Springs pull down. They were attempting to get higher fares at COS, but customers proved that they are willing to drive to DEN to get lower fares. Couple that will the removal of the E90s, they don't have a plane to profitably carry anyone COS-DEN, and the people are willing to drive anyway.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
I wouldn't read too much into the Colorado Springs pull down. They were attempting to get higher fares at COS, but customers proved that they are willing to drive to DEN to get lower fares. Couple that will the removal of the E90s, they don't have a plane to profitably carry anyone COS-DEN, and the people are willing to drive anyway.
Exactly right, especially about the E190's - and the sooner they are out of the fleet the better. I can't imagine that anyone thinks putting he A319's on COS-DEN is a good idea.

I don't really understand why COS has caused such consternation. It was an experiment, to see if folk wanted non-stop service at COS once COS-DEN stops.

The good folk of COS showed they were just as happy to drive to DEN.

And I don't understand the corollary that Frontier is in trouble because of it. Wall Street doesn't think so - look at the RJET share price. The pax don't seem to think so - the January load factor was 87%, just pipping even Allegiant's high load factor.

It only seems to be troubling to airline folk.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:04 pm

I think the guy that owns the airliners website forum on Frontier, and never posts a negative thing about Frontier, is now posting here.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by N522US
I think the guy that owns the airliners website forum on Frontier, and never posts a negative thing about Frontier, is now posting here.
I think you may be right.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimmycopp99
USA Today had an article on how Frontier is backing out of Colorado Sprs...Any ideas on what their next move should be? My advice is...

1. Go where US/AMR back out of
2. Invest in TPA (MCO is to cut throat)

Thank you...
Any chance Frontier goes back to MEM? (Now that DL is downsizing)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.