Search

Adding companions to one's profile

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:33 am
btr
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
Adding companions to one's profile

When selecting seats and such, there is a pull-down to select travel companions from one's profile, but I don't see any place to add them to the profile.

Anyone here have any success with this?
Old Oct 28, 2022, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm bumping a really old thread here....

Now that we're 10 years later, it seems like I can add travel companions to my profile. But then I don't know how to select them when I go to book a ticket.

Any ideas? Am I obviously missing something? Because right now, it seems like I can add travel companions, but then can't do anything with them.

(With 5 in my family, one of the biggest annoyances is having to enter everyone's information for every ticket I book.)
Old Dec 7, 2023, 8:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hobo13
Any ideas? Am I obviously missing something? Because right now, it seems like I can add travel companions, but then can't do anything with them.
What hobo13 said.

What is the point of having travel companions if there is no why to avoid manually completing their information? Anyone have any updates? TIA.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold
Are you guys having issues with companion profiles on the app or webpage? I have noticed inconsistencies between the two, and the app seems to work better sometimes.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 5:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HawaiiDave
Are you guys having issues with companion profiles on the app or webpage? I have noticed inconsistencies between the two, and the app seems to work better sometimes.
For me it's the webpage. Haven't tried the app. Have you had better luck there? Which platform please?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by DaveH
For me it's the webpage. Haven't tried the app. Have you had better luck there? Which platform please?
yes, iPhone
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:10 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I had a long wait on their chat bot and had a bunch of time to play around, and, indeed, the app seems to work better than the website.

I, too, could find no way to add a companion to a reservation on the website. But, on the app (at least on the ipad app) the primary member and all the companions are select-able buttons above pax 1, pax 2, etc, as well as above the contact info fields.

Also, playing around, I find no way to 'delete' the cart on the website. But, the app allows you to arrow back to the beginning which appears to wipe the cart.

Also, it seems that half the time that I fill in my search on the website, it sends me to another slightly different screen to input the search again. The app does not do that.
HawaiiDave and DaveH like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.