Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new COO - CEO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

The new COO - CEO

The news is out. The COO - and eventually independent CEO - is David Siegel.

All I can say is - wow! He is one very smart cookie. I have no doubt there will be nay-sayers because of what happened at US Airways. he was shafted with the wrong end of the pineapple, basically because he didn't tell the staff what they wanted to hear - he told them the truth.

He was CEO at US when Southwest announced PHL, and Mr. Siegel is famous for saying "they're coming to kill us" - which was too close to home for many.

This throws a cat among the pigeons. :-)

davy
Old Jan 26, 2012, 3:28 pm

Article form Denver Business Journal outlines the move.

“Siegel’s appointment is another step towards the goal of making Frontier Airlines a viable, strong and independent business,” Republic said in a statement.
Rjet also announced other new appointments, including:

Robert Ashcroft- Senior Vice President, Finance
Daniel Shurz - Senior Vice President, Commercial
Greg Aretakis - Vice President of Network and Revenue Management
Dan Krause - Vice President of Marketing and Customer Experience

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...html?ana=yfcpc

There will be lots of topics for discussion at the Raymond James Global Airlines Conference.

Frontier press release:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....296&highlight=

Last edited by mke9499; Jan 26, 2012 at 3:36 pm
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499
Robert Ashcroft- Senior Vice President, Finance
Wow...another blast from the past. I conversed on and off with RNA back in the early 90's starting in the old Usenet days...that's horse-and-buggy internet for those of you under the age of 40. (Anybody else remember rec-travel-air??) Then he and I were in the the same online airline group that Daniel Shurz and I both participated in for many years in the 90's and 00's.

Robert is whip-smart and brings a lot to the table. A good development!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 9:14 am

SEC filing dated 01/27/2012 New Frontier Management FAQ addresses many issues and provides for an interesting read.

After the split from Republic, will Frontier once again do business the way it did in the past?

No. We must recognize that pursuing the old business model ended with the bankruptcy and sale of our company – an indication that the old business model was fundamentally flawed, however pleasant our memories may be of that era. Further, as the table below shows, the competitive and economic environment has only gotten tougher since bankruptcy, particularly with the growth of Southwest in Denver and in the rising price of fuel. Lastly, the airline industry has evolved substantially, for instance with the recent rising prominence and profitable growth of ultra low cost carriers in the US such as Allegiant and Spirit. Returning to what we once were is not an option.
Jobs in MKE:

Commercial functions currently in Milwaukee (such as loyalty, e-commerce and some other marketing functions) will be consolidated with the larger commercial group that is already in Denver, and affected Milwaukee employees have already received transition plans as part of this announcement. Milwaukee reservations and customer relations team-members are unaffected.
As far as breaking off F9 from Republic:

We currently expect this to be a six-to-twelve month process, but we must all recognize that this is not under our control. In part the timing depends on how interested investors are in Frontier and how fast they react, and in part the timing depends on what Republic chooses to do in response to investor interest. Republic owns Frontier, not the other way around, so they will have the final say.
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....YWdl&ListAll=1

Last edited by mke9499; Jan 27, 2012 at 9:56 am
Old Jan 30, 2012, 1:40 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
The faster BB sells or spins F9 the better....
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:52 am

Plans of new management include stronger DEN presence, per the Denver Business Journal.

http://www.bizjournals.com/denver/ne...hief-sets.html
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:38 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Sell.Sell.Sell.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 4:41 pm

Plans of new management include stronger DEN presence, per the Denver Business Journal.
He wants to move maintenance jobs back to DEN. MKE can start waving goodbye to that operation.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by RSVP
He wants to move maintenance jobs back to DEN. MKE can start waving goodbye to that operation.
And RAH waiving goodbye to Frontier
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:34 am

The writing was on the wall last year.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17083124-post23.html
Old Feb 1, 2012, 4:44 pm

The writing was on the wall last year.
The call center should be next.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:21 pm

The call center should be next.
Hopefully not. Perhaps the MKE call center location at the airport is a good deal for F9. Plus, unlike maintenance, the call center doesn't necessarily have to be located at the biggest hub...it can be anywhere.

In fact, the argument could be made that, if there is a big snowstorm in DEN, it might be easier to get additional call center staff to MKE than to DEN.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
Hopefully not. Perhaps the MKE call center location at the airport is a good deal for F9. Plus, unlike maintenance, the call center doesn't necessarily have to be located at the biggest hub...it can be anywhere.
+1

The relocation and build-out of the call center at the former hangar space at MKE could not have been a minor expense.

I truly hope that the call center remains at MKE. The CSRs there have always provided excellent service, going back to YX (though I wonder how many YX employees remain).
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
+1

The relocation and build-out of the call center at the former hangar space at MKE could not have been a minor expense.

I truly hope that the call center remains at MKE. The CSRs there have always provided excellent service, going back to YX (though I wonder how many YX employees remain).
This one's simple: If entry-level labor costs are lower in MKE than in DEN, the call center will stay.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:05 am

From the Denver Business Journal:

Frontier Airlines is poised to bring 500 to 1,000 jobs to Denver — if it can win an incentive package close to the $16.9 million package that Denver and Colorado offered the DIA-hubbed airline to maintain and increase jobs in the city in late 2009.
Airline officials are negotiating with the City and County of Denver, and the State of Colorado, to reduce or eliminate four taxes that affect Frontier and other airlines.
Frontier rejected the late-2009 package and accepted one worth roughly $27 million from the City of Milwaukee and State of Wisconsin
Maybe not just the maintenance jobs, but call center, as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.