Wiki Posts
Search

Why So Mean & Serious?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DELTA
Angry Why So Mean & Serious?

My, oh my. I haven't flown Frontier since 2005 when Frontier rescued me and my family from Hurricane Wilma in Mexico (but that's another story).

So, I was sort of looking forward to flying SEA-DEN-MSP a couple of weeks ago during my return home from a business trip. Being a PM on DL, I am used to flying FC for free, great seat selection, etc. But, that's okay when I get to save about $350.00 on airfare.

When I arrived at my gate in SEA, I was almost stupefied by how militant, rigid, unfriendly and rude the GA's were when they boarded our flight. They took delight in making PAX miserable during the boarding process and demonstrated NO flexibility what so ever when it came to boarding order, carry on size, etc. But wait, it gets better.

I get to DEN, deplane, grab a quick bite to eat and then go to my connecting flight to MSP. The boarding process at the Gate was a little (emphasis on a *** little) less rigid. But once on board... my, oh my... two of the FA's were rude and obssessed with only allowing each PAX one bag in the overhead... AND ONLY ONE BAG. Ok... in making this their sole priority during the boarding process, they totally ignored and shirked their other duties in seeing that PAX other needs were taken care of. Case in point, the PAX next to me was in need of some aspirin and had no opportunity to even ask for some aspirin until we were up in the air and the main service began.

Common Frontier... lighten up!

-A
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: No preference
So ... they were enforcing the rules?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Sounds like typical economy class on any airline.

I actually find Frontier to be better than other airlines in terms of being friendly, flexible, and comfortable.

Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
Case in point, the PAX next to me was in need of some aspirin and had no opportunity to even ask for some aspirin until we were up in the air and the main service began.
OMG!!!
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:34 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
Case in point, the PAX next to me was in need of some aspirin and had no opportunity to even ask for some aspirin until we were up in the air and the main service began.
Do we even have aspirin?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
So ... they were enforcing the rules?
^
Old Oct 31, 2011, 1:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG
While I don't really agree for the most part with the OP's observation, I did have a unfortunate event on one of my recent flights.

I usually checked a bag, and carry on my backpack. I do this so if I want, I don't have to put something underneath my seat as that takes up valuable leg room. So, I board early to make sure I have space, and place my backpack in the bin. The FA tells me, in a somewhat angry and stern tone, to put it underneath my seat. I'm fine with the request, but tell her I would rather use the overhead space so I have a bit more legroom. She then tells me that since I'm in Stretch seating I already have plenty of room and to place it under my seat. And of course later on in the boarding process some other person puts their only, similarly sized bag where I had wanted to place mine and walks to the back of the plane without a peep from the FA.

Overall I think the employees do a fine job, though I am easily impressed. Such as when the FA gives me the whole can of soda "for buying a sandwich."
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:33 pm

Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI USA DL FO (until 2/04), NW silver '03, NW gold '04+'05 Plat '06+ (thanks, Leo!), DL SkyClub
Programs: DL Plat/ Million Miler, AS, Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy, Piggly Wiggly Pig Points
Even in the old YX days the best care in the air wasn't always so on the ground...saw a lot of very rude YX GA's over the years.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Delta SkyMiles, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Soda

Originally Posted by alphaeagle

Overall I think the employees do a fine job, though I am easily impressed. Such as when the FA gives me the whole can of soda "for buying a sandwich."
Just say: "Full can of (Coke)...like on US Airways!"...always works...and is a carry forth from the days when US bragged, via national press releases, that they were continuing the Piedmont tradition of serving full cans without asking....how much money is actually saved anyway by NOT serving a full can???
Old Nov 1, 2011, 7:39 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by dunderhead
Just say: "Full can of (Coke)...like on US Airways!"...always works...and is a carry forth from the days when US bragged, via national press releases, that they were continuing the Piedmont tradition of serving full cans without asking....how much money is actually saved anyway by NOT serving a full can???
Actually it is a lot. But you also have to look at the much larger RAH family not just at Frontier. While we pass on the catering costs to our codeshares it is still a lot of money to hand out full cans on all flights. Not to mention the environmental impact too. I dont remember the exact figure but it was around $20k I believe for Frontier and over $200k for our contract side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.