Wiki Posts
Search

3 Minute Hold Time... Unreal!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
3 Minute Hold Time... Unreal!

RSVP... this one's for you. Love you man!

Called the Ascent line tonight at 9:55 MDT and since they were closed, the automated system transfered my to the general line where my hold time was announced to be 56 minutes. I let out a loud Ugh! The dog wakes up, lifts his head to look at me, and although he didn't bark, his eyes were clearly communicating, "shut up dude".

To my shock , my call was answered at 9:58p and my request was serviced in less than 1 minute. I call that pretty remarkable.

There's no doubt that people have experienced and continue to experience excessive telephone wait times, but I must say, I feel like I lucked out tonight. Now, when is that next Powerball drawing?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:27 pm
btr

Programs: IHG, MP, Enterprise+
I've had to call in twice this week and experienced the same thing - long wait time announced, phone answered within a minute or two.

I wasn't keeping track, but it was a very pleasant surprise.
-btr
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:41 pm

There was less than a five minute wait for call pick-up this noon, to change an existing reservation; this was exceptionally good for mid-day on a Monday.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:57 pm

Maybe some relief in this area...finally?

The schedule changes definitely do not help in this area because it occupies agents to deal with it. So I'm happily surprised to hear of low wait times these days.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:20 pm

Things seem to be improving. I normally would wait until weekend mornings for litte or no wait.

Lately, threee to five minutes has been the norm most times of day.

The Excessive call volume message seems to have temporarily disappeared. Keep your fingers crossed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.