Wiki Posts
Search

Is the extra $25 worth it on the E190 jetz

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2010, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Worldperks & Skymiles
Is the extra $25 worth it on the E190 jetz

Flying Columbus to Kansas City in a couple weeks on the $29+tax deal was debating on "upgrading" to the stretch seats but really kinda hard to find info out on them, size and how much extra space they have.

Soooooooo, are they worth spending the extra $25 bucks on for flying just an hour and a half in?

Does anyone have a picture of them?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
You get 5 more inches of legroom:

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...tch-seating.do
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Worldperks & Skymiles
Same seats but just a bit more leg room?
Old Aug 5, 2010, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by kcmh
Same seats but just a bit more leg room?
Yes.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 10:34 am

The E-190 I flew DEN-MSP offered 2-1 seating and extra pitch. For the single traveler 2-3-4 A are nice seats. I still can't exactly figure out what is different between Economy + $25, Classic + $15, and Classic Plus + free.

Seat Guru shows 3 versions of the E-90 for Midwest airlines but haven't caught up to what is Frontier, what is Republic, etc.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by CALlegacy
The E-190 I flew DEN-MSP offered 2-1 seating and extra pitch. For the single traveler 2-3-4 A are nice seats. I still can't exactly figure out what is different between Economy + $25, Classic + $15, and Classic Plus + free.

Seat Guru shows 3 versions of the E-90 for Midwest airlines but haven't caught up to what is Frontier, what is Republic, etc.
You can find more information on AirFairs at the link below. The reason for the change in pricing for the different fares types relates to what is available in the product for Economy, Classic or Classic Plus. Usually you have to pay a little bit more for your ticket as you go up the ladder which means you get more of a discount on the stretch seating.

All E190s are operated by Republic. There are three different versions depending on where the aircraft came from. The 2x1 are usually from US Airways and the 2x2 are directly from Embraer or leased.

https://www.frontierairlines.com/fro...C707B574C541E2
Old Aug 5, 2010, 12:16 pm

Thanks

I know Classic Plus does NOT get you in the premium security line at DEN.

On the other hand, walking in on the A Concourse is usually a pretty fast process.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by MostlyAir
All E190s are operated by Republic. There are three different versions depending on where the aircraft came from. The 2x1 are usually from US Airways and the 2x2 are directly from Embraer or leased.

https://www.frontierairlines.com/fro...C707B574C541E2
Wasn't there a plan in place to convert the entire fleet of 190's to all 2x2? I think we may have discussed that some time ago.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by RSVP
Wasn't there a plan in place to convert the entire fleet of 190's to all 2x2? I think we may have discussed that some time ago.
Yes they're still going to do it. They wouldn't do it during the summer especially since they halted the E35/45 painting, because it takes 10 days to paint a plane. Imagine how long it takes to tear out the entire front end of the cabin, put in different overhead bins and place 2x2 seating on the floor. It takes awhile, but it will eventually be done. Enjoy the US Airways 1x2 planes while they last!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, Early Returns
If I'm flying solo on the E190 I always spring for the stretch seat and select one of the single seats--like your own private jet! If I'm traveling with someone I would probably skip it for a shorter flight.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
With the 2x1 E190s, what you're getting is an actual first class seat. Unfortunately, you get little else of the "Classic Plus" package - there is no TV and the FAs don't offer the free snack that they're supposed to.

I did get a (cold) cookie on one of these flights, along with the rest of the pax.

Also keep in mind that on these 2x1 planes, 2A and 1DF are bulkhead seats, and the legroom is definitely NOT "Stretch" seating. And because of odd window alignments, the only seats that allow you to look out the window without leaning forward or reclining the whole flight are 4A and 4F.

So there are really about 2-3 reasonable "stetch" seats on these planes for your $25.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.