Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Republic Orders 24 E90s

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Republic Orders 24 E90s

I guess we're going to be getting alot of planes next year. Six E90s will come in the first six months next year.

US airline group Republic Airlines has signed a letter of intent to buy 24 more Embraer 190 jets in a deal valued at $960 million signed today at the Farnborough Air Show.
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...raer-190s.html

Last edited by MostlyAir; Jul 21, 2010 at 11:23 am
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
This is exciting news! I can imagine this will allow them to expand the E90 presence at DEN and let them add frequencies to more business routes.

This plus the A320 order could give us some interesting new routes for next year. I'm excited to see what they dream up.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:10 pm

Nice!

Those are great aircraft and are very fuel efficient.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! I didn't see it coming. I can't wait to see more E90 will deliveries to RP by next year in 2011 through 2012 timelines.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:59 pm

Conversion rights to the E195. A definite plus.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by RSVP
Conversion rights to the E195. A definite plus.
Dan Webb tweet:

The fact that Republic can convert any of its 190 orders into 195s makes me think the @flyfrontier 318s are done (if homes can be found).
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Priority Club
I've love to know where RP plans to deploy all of these considering F9 and YX seem to pull out of 1 market a month these days.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FreequentFlier
I've love to know where RP plans to deploy all of these considering F9 and YX seem to pull out of 1 market a month these days.
I'm guessing at one of the 1+ markets they add each month...
Old Jul 22, 2010, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by captaink
I'm guessing at one of the 1+ markets they add each month...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure about this one. Maybe F9 will have consider to start own nonstop from MKE-SLC/RNO/ABQ/ELP/MBJ/YUL/KIN/MHT/NAS/OKC/TUL/EGE/COS and etc.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Silver Medallion, Fmr Midwest Miles Executive
Configuration

Anyone have a thought as to what the IFE configuration will be on these? Considering that JetBlue has the DirecTV on their 190's, are these going to come pre-loaded with the screens, or are they going to just give them Wi-Fi...Also, is there any word as to what they are going to do with the configuration on the existing 190's? Considering the fact that these are probably going to be flying on a bunch of legacy Frontier routes where the IFE is an expectation
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by blucys
Anyone have a thought as to what the IFE configuration will be on these? Considering that JetBlue has the DirecTV on their 190's, are these going to come pre-loaded with the screens, or are they going to just give them Wi-Fi...Also, is there any word as to what they are going to do with the configuration on the existing 190's? Considering the fact that these are probably going to be flying on a bunch of legacy Frontier routes where the IFE is an expectation
RJET Press release:

No mention is made of IFE.

E90 seating config same as now (99 seats); E95 would have 116 seats. Both retain STRETCH seating.

Mention is made that the new aircraft would replace smaller regional jets; does this mean the 170s?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by FreequentFlier
Republic will not be adding an additional 24 aircraft to the branded fleet.

According to Bedford, some of the new planes will be used to replace a portion of the smaller aircraft in the branded fleet, presumably the E170. The economics and operational performance of the E190 are apparently much better, especially in DEN.

There's also been some speculation that this new order will be used to back-fill the loss of the A318s that will be leaving the fleet.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:09 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe2000
Republic will not be adding an additional 24 aircraft to the branded fleet.

According to Bedford, some of the new planes will be used to replace a portion of the smaller aircraft in the branded fleet, presumably the E170. The economics and operational performance of the E190 are apparently much better, especially in DEN.

There's also been some speculation that this new order will be used to back-fill the loss of the A318s that will be leaving the fleet.
There are only 9 A318s. The orders from Airbus are 6 A320s and 3 more are coming from a lessor. If we are to replace all of the E170's thats 16/7 airplanes so we are still up 7/8 airplanes. It's still a large amount of growth!
Old Jul 22, 2010, 9:21 am

I read that IFE is the third most costly part of the aircraft, after the airframe and engines.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
I believe the current plan is not to install TVs in the E90. The reason being that their records show very little uptake on the TV on routes under 2 hours meaning they don't expect it to be profitable on the E90.

I do agree that they need to make it more obvious to the customer what to expect on the plane. When they have expectation of TV and don't get it obviously they are disappointed. If the website made it more clear what IFE you will get on a flight they could probably better manage those expectations.

Personally I'll take Wifi over LiveTV any day. With Hulu you can watch shows on demand instead of being stuck with mid-day cable programming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.