Wiki Posts
Search

No Snacks

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
I was under the impression an A319 usually flies AUS-DEN. Sounds like it might have been a spare aircraft replacement for mechanical reasons and the crew had to be put together last minute. Obviously it should have been better service but they are working on it. I think policies are supposed to be standardized by the 15th.
It was also an E190 on the return today. Same situation; same issues. No snacks offered to elites or Plus. The Midwest crews seem awfully matronly - the one at the front on today's flight made interesting use of the curtain at the galley to wall herself off from the pax for a good 30 minutes of the flight today.

This is not Frontier Airlines.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:32 pm

If you have connecting flights on a Classic Plus fare, should you get a snack and premium beverage on each?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by tripbuddy
If you have connecting flights on a Classic Plus fare, should you get a snack and premium beverage on each?
Yes.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 1:29 am

Granted it was 3 years ago since I last flown with Frontier, We revived snacks. The PDX - DEN was a early morning flight they brought us dough-nuts and drinks. from DEN - ATL we they brought out a tray of snack (mostly bags of chips) to choose from. I am not sure if anything as changes since then.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:13 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by Stumblefoot
Originally Posted by tripbuddy
Yes.
I assume this means ONE snack item and ONE premium drink per flight segment, correct?

Taking my first Frontier flight in a few weeks on a Classic Plus fare, MKE-LAS. Looking forward to comparing F9 to my hometown airline.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by legalalien
Taking my first Frontier flight in a few weeks on a Classic Plus fare, MKE-LAS. Looking forward to comparing F9 to my hometown airline.
While there are major differences, I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by RSVP
While there are major differences, I think you'll find yourself pleasantly surprised.
I am already pleasantly surprised, as my MKE-LAS Classic Plus (refundable!) fare is $188 a/i, vs. $500+ (non-refundable) on UA.

I used to fly YX once in a blue moon, typically when I couldn't get a reasonable fare out of ORD. The experience was pleasant, but not enough to entice me to switch, especially when frequency and (lack of) intl network taken into account. But, with stretch seating, DirecTV, and much improved (after F9 merger) route map I am willing to take another look. If only MKE was a bit closer to home...

I'll post my impressions upon return.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:01 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Frontier EarlyReturns Summit
If only MKE was a bit closer to home...
Are you close to an Amtrak station? There is a station at MKE and a shuttle that will take you to the terminal.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 4:44 pm

I am already pleasantly surprised, as my MKE-LAS Classic Plus (refundable!) fare is $188 a/i, vs. $500+ (non-refundable) on UA.
A great deal indeed. There are some great fares available when Frontier runs those Classic and Classic Plus specials.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I assume this means ONE snack item and ONE premium drink per flight segment, correct?

I believe that is the case, unless a flight has a stopover with same flight #. Enjoy your trip on F9.
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromMKE
Are you close to an Amtrak station? There is a station at MKE and a shuttle that will take you to the terminal.
I am not, unfortunately. The Glenview station is about 30 min away, while MKE is just over an hour drive from my house when I94 is clear - doesn't make much sense to mess with a train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.