Wiki Posts
Search

Classes vs. AirFairs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Classes vs. AirFairs

On Frontier's website, they list the "AirFairs" as Economy, Classic, or Classic Plus.

But when you go book at a 3rd party site, it shows Class D, or Class G, etc.

What's the mapping from Class to AirFair?
Old Jul 28, 2009, 4:25 pm

You can only book Airfairs on Frontier's website for now. If you book on a third party website they will only display the lowest fare, which is economy. That's generally what people are looking for at sites like "Cheapo Air", or "Priceline", or any online travel agency.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azstar
You can only book Airfairs on Frontier's website for now. If you book on a third party website they will only display the lowest fare, which is economy. That's generally what people are looking for at sites like "Cheapo Air", or "Priceline", or any online travel agency.
The site I was looking at had different classes with different fares. But it's not one of the Cheapo Air site (or travelocity, etc). It's a corporate site.

I'll just have to guess on the mapping based on the different prices then... hopefully they'll honor a "Classic" booking!
Old Jul 29, 2009, 1:54 pm

The inventory letter could be the same for Classic Plus, Classic, and Economy, so that won't help. Try searching for a fare "without restrictions", or "without penalty" or "refundable" if you have those options. If the fare basis (the lengthy code printed on your ticket) ends in "5" it's economy. If it ends in "3" it's classic, and if it ends in "1" its classic plus. That's how they differentiate when ticket is issued and at check-in.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by austinite123
I'll just have to guess on the mapping based on the different prices then... hopefully they'll honor a "Classic" booking!
Couldn't you go onto FrontierAirlines.com try a dummy booking, look at the fares for each level and then match them to what you can book through your corporate engine?
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azstar
The inventory letter could be the same for Classic Plus, Classic, and Economy, so that won't help. Try searching for a fare "without restrictions", or "without penalty" or "refundable" if you have those options. If the fare basis (the lengthy code printed on your ticket) ends in "5" it's economy. If it ends in "3" it's classic, and if it ends in "1" its classic plus. That's how they differentiate when ticket is issued and at check-in.
Thanks! Yes, the fare basis ends in 3, so I guess I'm set.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GreatChecko
Couldn't you go onto FrontierAirlines.com try a dummy booking, look at the fares for each level and then match them to what you can book through your corporate engine?
Yes, I did that, and booked the fare that was the same as Classic at Frontier's site. But the ticket doesnt' say "classic" anywhere, so I wanted to know how I could confirm that.

The end numbers on the fare basis did it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.