Wiki Posts
Search

32 min layover in DEN

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:21 am
Original Poster
Fairmont Contributor Badge

32 min layover in DEN

Is 32 min enough to make the connection (carryon only)

MCI - DEN - SNA
Old Mar 13, 2009, 8:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, WN CP & A-List P
I've only flew F9 a few times - all with connections thru DEN. One of those flights had a weather delay and I was positive that the connection would be missed. We were told on the (delayed) flight in that connecting flights would be held up for us and they were.

If your combination is a scheduled connection, I would virtually guarantee you will have no problem whatsoever (even if there were checked bags).
Old Mar 14, 2009, 12:08 am

I've walked, and by walk, I mean walk avoiding the moving walkways, from one end of the A concourse to the other in 20 minutes. Unlike dealing with United and the B concourse, 32 minutes is actually quite doable on Frontier.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, GE
I also did this 2 years ago ATL-DEN-LAX on Frontier with 2 seperate tickets, i purchased the DEN-LAX after the ATL-DEN leg.
I got both boarding passes printed at ATL and my two bags got handwritten pink bag tags as the GA was unable to check my bags through to LAX due to two different tickets.

Connection time in DEN was only 15 ! minutes, i made it to the other flight and was surprised that my bags came out first at LAX, i assumed they get missed due to the handwritten bag tags.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 3:18 pm

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Is 32 min enough to make the connection (carryon only)

MCI - DEN - SNA
As a Summitt I can assure you that you are fine. I would even check my bags.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 3:22 pm

Changing from one Frontier flight to another in Denver is the easiest of the easiest. You can make it from one end of A concourse to the other in ten minutes, if you're slow. I've made connections in as little as ten minutes. It's my favorite airline and my favorite airport when connections are involved.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 1:13 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
I would say no problem.
Old Mar 23, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by azstar
It's my favorite airline and my favorite airport when connections are involved.
After connecting recently between international flights in Madrid's beautiful, brand-new glass-and-steel sculpture of an airport, I have to say, I'm quite spoiled by Denver. Take Concourses A, plus B, plus C, all in a line, and that's about the length that I had to walk without a people-mover in order to make the transfer. No issues as I had plenty of time, but I can imagine what a nightmare it would have been for a short connection.

Denver is definately the best "Large" airport that I have encountered.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:41 am

Programs: DL GM; SPG- Gold; HH-Diamond; IHG-Gold
Glad I found this thread, I had the same question. Returning from SLC to DTW via DEN on August 10th. I'd like to leave as late as possible, but that leaves me with a 35 min connection and puts me on last flight of the day to DTW. I have no status and have never flown F9 before. I was a bit worried and planning on taking earlier flight, but you guys think this is a fairly safe routing?

*edit* from previous experience I would never again attempt this on NWA or UA unless I had to. Been burned way to many times.
Old May 2, 2009, 6:15 pm

As long as you don't get held up by something outside of your control, I'd say you're fine. Weather can always happen, but that would be a risk with every airline. Just check on the status early in the day and watch the weather in Denver. 32 minutes is more than enough time to make it to your gate at DEN, even if they are the two furthest from each other.

Checko
Old May 3, 2009, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Worked just fine, landed at 520, deboarded at 535, walked 4 gates A35-A39, and my section was boarding.

easy peasy
Old May 5, 2009, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Worked just fine, landed at 520, deboarded at 535, walked 4 gates A35-A39, and my section was boarding.

easy peasy
Glad to hear! Would you fly Frontier again?
Old May 5, 2009, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Frontier felt young, nice, decent flight.

the answer is most likely no. I didn't like all the add on charges. DTV, Food, Drink, Luggage, Seating....

and the miles don't credit to an alliance.
Old May 6, 2009, 3:24 pm

First of all, you probably liked the fact that your fare was probably considerably less than anyone else. So, you didn't want to pay 6.00 for TV, which you can't get on any other airline except Jetblue. And you didn't want to pay 3.00 for a snack that would have cost you 6.00 in any airport. Beverages are complimentary, so you don't have to pay for those. And, if you had paid a small amount more for your ticket you could get free TV, two free checked bags, an advance seat selection and other benefits that other airlines don't offer. Sheesh.
Old May 6, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
I sat on the plane at DEN waiting for a connecting flight from San Fran. Frontier will hold a flight and it was no big deal.... we still made MKE on time. Connections in DEN for Frontier are very easy... almost as easy as MKE connections with FL or YX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.