Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is F9 dropping STL or not?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
Is F9 dropping STL or not?

When I booked some XMAS tickets, it appeared that F9 was not going to fly to STL. But, checking now, they are.

Are they dropping STL, before or after the first of the year, or not at all? Or maybe they just are not going to fly to Mexico from there anymore?

Or maybe they saw Southwest charging $447 r/t DEN-STL and said "gee, we can make money at that price?"
Old Sep 4, 2008, 8:53 am

Programs: Southwest A-list, Hiltonhonors Diamond, Delta, AA Platinum, IHG Platinum,
I think they are going to be shifting around there flight schedule quite a bit and trying to save money anyway they can.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by FCfree
When I booked some XMAS tickets, it appeared that F9 was not going to fly to STL. But, checking now, they are.

Are they dropping STL, before or after the first of the year, or not at all? Or maybe they just are not going to fly to Mexico from there anymore?

Or maybe they saw Southwest charging $447 r/t DEN-STL and said "gee, we can make money at that price?"
There was never an announcement to drop STL. The schedule may not have been loaded correctly or it was in the process of being changed, which might explain why you didn't see it.

STL is probably a good market for Frontier and seeing AA will no longer fly the route, it will only get better.
Old Sep 9, 2008, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP & B-list. Disillusioned fmr UA-1P/2P,F9-Ascent; Fmr AA-Plat,CO-Gold,NW-Silver,TWA-Elite
F9 should have had the scheduled loaded the day that WN extended their schedule as it was likely the day that a lot of people were checking fares. By not having it loaded, they lost the chance to sell a ticket. I priced WN and UA, found award tickets on UA and went for it.

Had F9 had tickets at a reasonable price (~$250 r/t) I probably would have bought rather than burn miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.