Wiki Posts
Search

Flights changed - connection questions

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Question Flights changed - connection questions

Hi.

Let me start off by saying that I've never flown Frontier before so I am unaware of their policy concerning connection time.

Here is my situation;

I booked a r/t ticket (6 of us total) from OKC to LAS a few months back via Orbitz. Since then, obviously, there have been some changes within the airline. When I initially booked my tickets we were placed on Q400's from OKC to DEN and DEN to OKC, now those flights are gone and we are on A320's.

I just happened to log into my Orbitz account today to see that our flights have changed drastically. initially we were scheduled to leave OKC at 3:30p and now we are scheduled to leave at 7:45p. Coming back we were initially scheduled to leave LAS at 11:00a and now it is 1:08p.

Aside from being a little ticked that my itinerary changed so dramatically and I wasn't informed about it, my issue lies with the connection time coming home from LAS. We arrive in DEN from LAS at 4:10p and depart DEN for OKC at 4:25. That leaves 15 minutes to connect and change planes. The next flight for OKC doesn't leave until around 9:20p or so and I really don't want to have to wait due to a missed connection.

My questions are:

Do I have any recourse with Frontier for changing my itinerary up so much?

I can't imagine making that connection... it would seem like the slightest delay out of LAS would cause problems. Even if we were on time, how in the world would our luggage make it to the next plane before it left?

If this were you, who would you contact? Would Orbitz be able to help me out or am I going to have to deal directly with the airline. It is very important that all 6 of us arrive home the evening we are scheduled to (which is why I booked an early flight out of vegas, initially).

Sorry if this seems like too much of a rant. I thought I would get opinions from the seasoned fliers to see if this was standard procedure before I call and complain.
Old May 8, 2008, 3:14 pm

This same thing happened to me. I booked through Frontier so when they changed the times I got a call from them asking if it was ok. They had good customer service. At the time things seemed ok but now i see on the way home instead of a 2 hour connection time I only have 45 minutes which is really only like 20 and I have tracked the flight and it seems to be delayed a lot so now I am worried. I think I should give them a call too. After reading up on the connection policies it seems like they will just book me on the next available flight but I might still need to pay fees and wait until the next day if that happens. Seems like they should do something more than that since they shortened the time frames. Let me know if you find anything else and I will do the same.
Old May 8, 2008, 5:23 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by corndog
Hi.

Let me start off by saying that I've never flown Frontier before so I am unaware of their policy concerning connection time.

Here is my situation;

I booked a r/t ticket (6 of us total) from OKC to LAS a few months back via Orbitz. Since then, obviously, there have been some changes within the airline. When I initially booked my tickets we were placed on Q400's from OKC to DEN and DEN to OKC, now those flights are gone and we are on A320's.

I just happened to log into my Orbitz account today to see that our flights have changed drastically. initially we were scheduled to leave OKC at 3:30p and now we are scheduled to leave at 7:45p. Coming back we were initially scheduled to leave LAS at 11:00a and now it is 1:08p.

Aside from being a little ticked that my itinerary changed so dramatically and I wasn't informed about it, my issue lies with the connection time coming home from LAS. We arrive in DEN from LAS at 4:10p and depart DEN for OKC at 4:25. That leaves 15 minutes to connect and change planes. The next flight for OKC doesn't leave until around 9:20p or so and I really don't want to have to wait due to a missed connection.

My questions are:

Do I have any recourse with Frontier for changing my itinerary up so much?

I can't imagine making that connection... it would seem like the slightest delay out of LAS would cause problems. Even if we were on time, how in the world would our luggage make it to the next plane before it left?

If this were you, who would you contact? Would Orbitz be able to help me out or am I going to have to deal directly with the airline. It is very important that all 6 of us arrive home the evening we are scheduled to (which is why I booked an early flight out of vegas, initially).

Sorry if this seems like too much of a rant. I thought I would get opinions from the seasoned fliers to see if this was standard procedure before I call and complain.
You will have to deal wit orbitz. You bought a Bulk fare and it is owned by orbitz and they have to help you with it...
Old May 8, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: CO PE, DL PM
when Frontier was running the redeye flight DEN-PBI and DEN-FLL, I use to take the SNA-FLL and SNA-PBI flight. The connection time was always listed at 35min.

The very first flight I took with F9 was delayed an hour. I was extremely concerned about my options, and asked the TA what my options were. I was told to go ahead and go, because the connection time had some flexibility in it.

Imagine my surprise when we touched down 45min late and the connecting flight was still there! Apparently, with the FLL/PBI redeye F9 would hold the airplanes to get most, if all, the stragglers. I took this flight 7 more times before they stopped the service, and on 4 of those, we waited for connecting flights, and I didn't hear a single complaint about it.

I really wish they still had this route, since I really like F9. Especially Jack. I wish my rabbits would act like that.
Old May 8, 2008, 8:11 pm

Frontier will usually hold the last flight of the night or if there is no way to protect the connections. However, I would not risk a 15 minute scheduled connection, if you make it, your bags may not.

Unfortunately, because you booked with Orbitz, it is apparently their responsibility to let you know of the change. This isn't the first time I've heard of this happening and for whatever reason, it seems the Frontier can't "see" the reservation. I'd start with calling Frontier and see what they can do to help and if they can't, then call Orbitz.

My suggestion for the future, save yourself the five dollars and book on the airline websites. Just use Orbitz to find the lowest fare. Usually you can get the same fare and can avoid these problems.
Old May 9, 2008, 9:43 am

I called Frontier and asked them about the short connection time. They told me the same thing, if there are enough people on the same connecting flight they will hold the plane, if not they will make us wait until the next day for the next flight.
Old May 12, 2008, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Holiday Inn Platinum, peon on the rest
Angry Same thing happened here...

Same thing happened with me. Going on a cruise out of Seattle the end of June, booked flights from DEN to SEA for my wife and I departing at 9:55 AM. My in laws (both in their 70s and need wheel chair assistance) were coming in from IAH arriving at 7:55 AM and connecting with us. Two hour connection, plenty of time...

Then Frontier changed the DEN SEA to depart at 8:25 AM which is only a 30 minute connection (per Frontier, a legal connection in DEN is 20 minutes!). No way can my in laws get off that flight and onto the connection in that amount of time and if they miss that connection the next flight gets them into SEA too late to get on the boat.

After 3 hours on the phone with Frontier, all they said they would do is refund the ticket. What we wanted them to do was change the inbound to the last flight the night before and they said NO.

Frontier should change their motto to "we USED to be a different kind of animal, now we are the same as the rest of the herd"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.