Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frontier Meltdown

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2008, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list/CP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plt,*wood Plt,F9 Summitt, Hyatt Diamond,
Frontier Meltdown

Left ABQ-SUX Monday got my luggage Tuesday night. That part is not good but the SUX F9 folks called me @ 11:30 PM to tell me that my luggage had arrived SUX. Then I was told it would be at my hotel between 1-5 pm Tuesday no sooner. It got there @ 6o pm.

Today, it snowed in DEN. Flight to DEN was late due to weather. I can understand that, however when I got to DEN and rushed to ABQ flight it was on time, I said great. We proceeded to de icing and then had a power failure and engine cut out. We were on tarmac for 2.5 hours before returning to gate. 1 more hour at gate and finally deplaned and then the customer service mess started. Options were.......................UA or a 10:30 pm flight on F9. I choose F9. Luggage???

The best part is the $150 voucher, it can only be redeemed at the airport for F9 ticket. Can't be used on line in any form. I refused the $150, why mess with it if they are going to make it so damn hard to ever use.
Old May 2, 2008, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
1 Plane experiencing technical problems !== meltdown, IMHO...

Why refuse the voucher just because it can only be used at the airport? Your past posts seem to indicate that you are through airports very often, why not just redeem it the next time you are in the airport on other travel?
Old May 2, 2008, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Doesn't sound like a meltdown to me. They got you to your destination on the same day, despite the problems. To get a list of your options, you should have been more proactive and gotten on the phone to F9 when you were sitting on the returned plane at the gate.

And you were compensated for the inconvenience; not every airline would have offered it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.