Community
Wiki Posts
Search

frontier A320

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

frontier A320

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post - I couldn't find anyting called Airline Discussions.

I just booked on a new Frontier A320. According to an employee of Frontier, it has less pitch (32") and there is limited to no recline on the rows in front of an exit row (10 & 11 for 11 & 12 exit rows).

Does anyone have any other info? Has anyone flown on one of these yet?

Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Try Seat Guru

The website www.seatguru.com has information and seating charts for Frontier and many other airlines, including advice as to which are the best and worst seats on each aircraft type.

Edited to add: Frontier doesn't appear to fly the A320, but the similar A318 and A319. Here's a quote from the airline's website...

We currently utilize a fleet of 60 aircraft including 49 132-passenger Airbus A319 jets and 11 114-passenger Airbus A318 jets.

Last edited by greggwiggins; Mar 19, 2008 at 12:36 pm Reason: Add quote from Frontier website
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:36 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk,sbwinter2. There is a category on FT called "Airline Programs." Open that and you will see the Frontier Forum. I am going to move this thread to the Frontier Forum. Please follow there.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Mar 19, 2008, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. This plane is so new that no one, not even seatguru, has any info yet on a website, inlcuding Frontier's. That is why I am asking here. I emailed seatguru to see if they knew anything as well.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 6:04 pm
Original Member

You are probably correct on the location of the limited or no recline seats.

But if the seat pitch is the same on the newly configured leather seating 319 and 318 planes, you should be OK. Pitch was reduced when the older fabric seats were replaced with the new leather seats, and it still seems fine, due to the fact that the "thickness" of the new seat is less. The seat in front of you can recline fully with minimal impact on your area, as compared to seating in other "legacy" carriers; at least that's my experience.

If the 320 is different, we will all have to wait for seat guru or other posters to give us their impressions.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:46 pm

Programs: Frontier Summit, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I would be surprised if the 320s were not the same with just more rows. The OP's statement seems to corroborate this with the exit row starting one back from the 319. Row 11 should be only 4 seats (B to E) with no recline and 12A&F would be the infinite legroom seats.

sbwinter2, can you provide us with the destination and date? Would like to see if anything can tracked down about the new plane.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, WN CP, Marriott Gold
I've been told by a Frontier agent that these birds are flying the DEN->DCA route because it's highly booked, and slot-restricted. According to the Frontier Wikipedia Page, they currently have one in the fleet (Prancer the Caribou), with nine additional orders (next scheduled delivery this month).
Old Mar 20, 2008, 10:31 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Seatexpert has the updated config.

Here is the link http://seatexpert.com/_Frontier_Airb...extra_row.html
Old Mar 20, 2008, 6:34 pm

bobdobbs2, that is the new 319 config. We are looking at the larger 320s.

All three DCA flights are showing as 320s. There need to be two available to make this work. FlightAware is showing one in place Feb. 27 and the second started March 10th.

According to the Sabre seatmap, there are 27 rows with exits at 11 & 12. There are no missing seats. So you should get the old exit-row legroom in both rows, but I doubt that row 11 reclines (and neither should row 10).

162 seats! That is four attendants per FAA rules.
Old Mar 20, 2008, 7:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I've been told they are also going to be on the DEN-LGA routes. Not sure, of course, which is the higher priority.

As for the new configured 319's, looks like they're rolling out very quickly. Not seeing to many of the old configuration.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 10:36 am

F9 actually has 2 online right now. One has LiveTV working the other does not due to scheduling issues with the installation. This should be installed in the next few weeks. I haven't heard of anything being done to compensate passengers on the TV-less aircraft.

According to what I have read they will be flying to DCA, LGA, and LAS.

Yes, the new planes have 4 flight attendants as well.

Checko
Old Mar 22, 2008, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by GreatChecko
I haven't heard of anything being done to compensate passengers on the TV-less aircraft.
Free booze?

Seriously, that is a long flight with with a good chance of a higher percentage of elites. Very surprising it went in place without DirecTV.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 10:21 am

I think you'll all be happy to know that it sounds like the DirecTV-less A-320 is currently getting it installed.

No more worrying about flying transcon without a TV anymore, unless you go and fly UA, but why do that? :-D

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.