Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Frontier Airlines EarlyReturns (Pre-Alignment)
Reload this Page >

Should I get the CC to get a free flight or just pay for the flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:13 am
Original Poster

So, I'm planning to fly to SD in July and might use Frontier Airlines. They have a promotion where if you sign up for their CC and pay a $49 fee you can earn miles (pretty standard, i know) and get 15,000 miles which equates to a free (or $49) roundtrip ticket. So, I'm thinking this is a good oppty to get a cheap/$49 flight. My question is if I apply for the card today, how long do you think it would take to get the miles in my acct so I can use them. Also assuming, I use the credit card the day I get it.

here are the details:

http://www.frontierairlines.com/fron...name=worldcard

I know it says the miles will be added after paying the 1st billing cycle. just not sure when that starts. if it is after i get my card or what.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: no elite status, but i get around
i'd rather pay $200 for a roundtrip, than apply for a credit card and also pay $49.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Don't assume that just because you have the miles, you can get an award seat on any given flight. Award seats are "capacity controlled", and might not be available when you want them, even if seats are still for sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.