Cancun from IND

Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Cancun from IND

For the second straight year, I flew Frontier from Indianapolis to Cancun for Christmas week. The flight which arrives in Cancun at 7:35 pm is late in the day so you lose the travel day. However, since I live in Louisville there is no rush to get to the airport for a 5:11 pm flight and upon arrival at Cancun we were the only plane load in the immigration and customs area and we were through the airport and at the curb in around 20 minutes. The timing of the flight back is perfect leaving a bit after 11 am and arriving before 4 pm.

We love Frontier but have little opportunity to use them as we fly mainly south and east from Louisville. The service in the airport and on the plane to/from Cancun was was friendly and competent. The meal service - oops that was in 2006 -- was chips, nuts and cookies even though it was an international flight over three hours flying at meal time. Last year they had real food. Oh well....

We saw the crew carrying on food before boarding and knew if we wanted something to buy it. Dinner, even late, in Cancun seemed better than airplane or airport food so we relied on the cookie (good cookie) to get us to Cancun.

The flights were on time and had free Direct TV in the States. Movies were overpriced at $8 each. The seats were clean and as comfortable as any in coach.

We like the non-stop flight. Odds are good that your luggage will arrive with you and the hassle of a connection is eliminated. Pricing is a gambling game. Price varies from over $800 to under $450. We paid $586 and could have cancelled, taken a $486 rebooking credit, rebooked and saved around $40. But since we had good seats all together we did not bother.

I did feel badly about that until I learned that a friend flew NS on DL from CVG and paid around $1,200 per ticket. From SDF with one stop tickets were close to $800.

So I did not make the low, but got a fair price and had a good flight. We will do Frontier again next year.

If you fly from IND, suggest you look up the park ride fly lot there (http://www.parkrideflyusa.com/ind-in...park-ride-fly/). The cost if you booked online for eight days was $58.10 and they pick you up at the remote international arrivals area at IND so you do not have to bus back to the main terminal. By the time we got to our car, it was ready for us and running to warm up. Since we had left Cancun in the upper 70's and at IND it was under 30, that was appreciated.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks, that is a nice tip. I also live near SDF, it is tough to get reasonable prices to warm weather...and I like the idea of not having to catch a 6am flight from IND or CVG.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.