Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good bye Frontier!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
The long list of F9 managers leaving will provide several million dollars of the "combination synergies" that Rev. Bedford refers to.

F9 maintenance base at DIA was rented from CO. F9 was looking to move it before bankruptcy. The YX facility in MKE was underutilized with favorable financial arrangements. More "combination synergies".

IND is the base of the parent company. Typically in mergers/takeovers that is where the execs end up. More "combination synergies".

RAH/F9/YX doesn't need three sets of everything. There will be regional grinding of teeth, but so far, the combined carriers have stable/expanding hubs/route networks. They will need all the savings they can get from "combination synergies" to stay alive with AirTran and Southwest throwing metal onto competing routes.

With corporate HQ's and facilities for sale to the highest bidder (ask IND about UA's maintenance base) I suggest a better way to measure a "hometown" airline would be the number of local people employed by an airline, rather than where the CEO has his office.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.