Wiki Posts
Search

Can a Friend Check You In?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2009, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Can a Friend Check You In?

I have a friend flying out of OKC on Tuesday and he has no way of accessing a computer on Monday, 24 hrs before his flight. Can I do OLCI and get him his seat assignments without printing out his BP? I would have no way to get him the BP anyway. Thanks
Old Nov 29, 2009, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by JerryFF
I have a friend flying out of OKC on Tuesday and he has no way of accessing a computer on Monday, 24 hrs before his flight. Can I do OLCI and get him his seat assignments without printing out his BP? I would have no way to get him the BP anyway. Thanks
I am not advocating this, but, it is possible as long as you have the information required to complete online check-in. Your friend can simply request the boarding passes to be reprinted at the ticket counter by presenting his ID. However, since your friend has to go to the ticket counter anyways, there isn't much incentive to checking them in online in advance unless they are on an Economy ticket and you're just trying to secure a seat assingment.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Originally Posted by cab747
However, since your friend has to go to the ticket counter anyways, there isn't much incentive to checking them in online in advance unless they are on an Economy ticket and you're just trying to secure a seat assingment.
That is exactly what I would be trying to do - get him a seat assignment. Sorry I didn't make that clear initially.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by JerryFF
That is exactly what I would be trying to do - get him a seat assignment. Sorry I didn't make that clear initially.
In that case, yes, it would work. But your friend would need to request to have his boarding passes reissued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.