Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Free Travel Contests and Sweepstakes
Reload this Page >

Lufthansa Genfly Contest! Students Only with .edu email

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2008, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.

I don't know if this has been posted. But LH has a contest for students.
http://www.lufthansa-usa.com/genfly/

and I just won!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone know the rules about taxes? what do i have declare on my taxes and what not? i've never won a contest before. if someone could lead me in the right direction that would be great!
Old Oct 30, 2008, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by aaron1262

anyone know the rules about taxes? what do i have declare on my taxes and what not? i've never won a contest before. if someone could lead me in the right direction that would be great!
What'd you win? Congrats
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:40 am
Original Poster

2 tix to anywhere in europe on LH. 4 day car rental and 2 prepaid cell phones.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Congrats on winning! Re: taxes. You should get a 1099 from LH or the judging agency, & technically that's the amount you'll declare on your taxes. However, if you can prove that the value is less than the 1099 amount (ie, printouts from the web showing airfare, price of prepaid phone) etc, then you would declare that amount. There's some line item or form on tax forms for stuff like this. I'm not a tax person, so my input should not be considered financial advice.

Cheers.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 1:12 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Aaron1262...what was your score? I wanna know if my score has any possibility of making it within the "top 10"

Last edited by AndrewT84; Nov 4, 2008 at 1:43 am
Old Nov 5, 2008, 12:35 am
Original Poster

full score 18000. im pretty sure you wanna get full points as many times as you can. they take the top 10 scores..but you have to take into account that there's a lot of people with the same score. so im guessing that somewhere in 1790/80's is one of them. not really hard to get you just need to know how to get it. . there's a technique to that. when i entered this there seemed to be alot of people getting full scores...but it's dropped off somewhat since then. wonder what happened??
Old Nov 5, 2008, 11:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
full score 18000. im pretty sure you wanna get full points as many times as you can. they take the top 10 scores..but you have to take into account that there's a lot of people with the same score. so im guessing that somewhere in 1790/80's is one of them. not really hard to get you just need to know how to get it. . there's a technique to that. when i entered this there seemed to be alot of people getting full scores...but it's dropped off somewhat since then. wonder what happened??
Ooh...I got a full score twice now...I wonder if each time I get a full score if it counts as an entry, or its only once in the top 10. Oh well we'll see. ::crosses fingers::
Old Nov 18, 2008, 5:10 pm

Congrats,

I was just wondering what you mean by "technique" there. Now that you've won some tips could help us out for round two and three! In answer to your question, I think those people who kept maxing out the board dropped off after losing intrest. What do you think?

Last edited by gIANt_ASU; Nov 18, 2008 at 5:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.