Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Schengen Connection at CDG: Security?!?

Old Sep 19, 2009, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt

I took a recent trip AMS-CDG-NTE arriving at CDG terminal 2F on KL metal and connecting to AF at terminal 2D, though the plane was actually parked at 2F.

I'm a little annoyed that 1) we were dumped into the non-secure area of 2F, 2) had to be rescreened for our transit connections, and 3) that AF didn't just say our flight would leave from 2F.

I'm well aware of the silliness inherent to any French operation, but is there any logic (operationally, legally) that I should know about before I complain? It seems with Schengen in place, we should have exited into secure areas of the terminal (2F) and just walked across the aisle to the new gate (at 2F), no?

Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:54 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by imagineertobe
It seems with Schengen in place, we should have exited into secure areas of the terminal (2F) and just walked across the aisle to the new gate (at 2F), no?

Thanks.
No. All departing passengers are screened at CDG. This is up to the police authorities to decide for each airport. Schengen deals with immigration checks, which you did not to have to go through. Other airports that screen all departing passengers, even within the Schengen area include VIE, TXL, ATH, FCO ...

Last edited by JOUY31; Sep 19, 2009 at 5:03 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.