Wiki Posts
Search

France car rental

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
France car rental

Looking to rent a car for six days with a pick-up in Paris (in the city) and drop off at Nice Airport. I looked at Hertz and Sixt but would like to find a lower rate, any suggestions (especially local companies).
Old Jun 19, 2009, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Sometimes if you call the local office at the airport directly you can get special deals on remote drop-offs. I have done this with Avis. If they need a car to go to your drop-off location, they usually price it nicely.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

check with autoeurope and kemwel if they are still in business. they are discounters representing majors.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
we've had good success with autoeurope and avis for price and convenience.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:17 am

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
Re:french car rental

We've found that if you go through the sncf.fr website for train bookings(sometimes you have to have bought a ticket; other times, not), the car rental agencies all have links or ads with better rates, more bells & whistles, extra insurance included, etc. It's worth a shot. As always, renting at a provincial train station or in a smaller town is always cheaper than Paris, particularly at CDG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.