Wiki Posts
Search

CDG connection questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
CDG connection questions

Hi all, I'll be flying to CDG next week. I have a two hour connection from AA to AF...

Looks like I will arrive at Terminal 2A and depart from 2F.

Just curious as to what I should expect. I'm a US citizen and will be coming from the US but staying in France, so I'll have to go through passport control. Is this enough time? How long is the walk? I've never connected at CDG and have only spent a bit of time inside the airport.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
two hours isn't a lot of time as you could consume most of it clearing security

the inbound side isn't bad, assuming your passport is in order and you don't have to wait for luggage

after leaving C&I you just head out to the curb and wait for a shuttle that stops at all of the different "halls" of T2. there's a map of CDG here. perhaps someone can clarify the routing of the shuttle for T2?

HTH,
benzguy80
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum
benzguy,

thanks for the tip. I didn't realize there was a shuttle... couldn't find that info online.

thanks,

bmwguy (!)
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:48 am
iff

The Paris Airports website has a handy little connection guide where you select your arrival and departure terminals and it tells you where to go.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...ection-flight/
Old Mar 18, 2009, 1:58 pm

Programs: United Plus
I used to work at CDG and I think 2 hours at the same terminal is enough time. You're connecting to a domestic French flight and most transatlantics arrive in the morning so in theory, worst case scenario, they'll be another flight to your final destination not long after...

Unless you have difficulty walking, the shuttle can be more fuss than it's worth. Be sure you're getting on the right one and not end up in employee parking or wherever. Perhaps this is easier now that the two terminals are connected with by light rail. It was awful when it was the bus...

You just have to keep moving when you arrive (easier said than done because it'll be the middle of the night for you). It's great that you don't need to clear Customs in Paris. One less task to do but be aware that coming off the domestic flight, your bags may be sent to Customs at your final destination, instead of the domestic baggage claim where most passengers will be headed. Don't make my mistake and just follow the (mostly domestic) crowd. Luckily in SXB I could see my bags through the glass to the Customs area and they let me walk around. Stop and ask if unsure where to go.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 2:38 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by bmw1600
Hi all, I'll be flying to CDG next week. I have a two hour connection from AA to AF...

Looks like I will arrive at Terminal 2A and depart from 2F.

Just curious as to what I should expect. I'm a US citizen and will be coming from the US but staying in France, so I'll have to go through passport control. Is this enough time? How long is the walk? I've never connected at CDG and have only spent a bit of time inside the airport.
2 hours should be ok is your incoming flight is on schedule.

You will need to clear immigration in 2A. Once you have exited the baggage retrieval area, you need to head towards 2C, go through 2C to the Sheraton (10mn) and then head toward 2F (5mn). At all time, you will be within the terminal building, with no road crossing.

When you arrive in 2F, you will need to clear security to enter the gate area. There is a fast track priority checkpoint "Acces n°1" for SkyTeam Elite or Elite + passengers. Otherwise, at the main checkpoint, there is a fast track lane "Acces Orange" for flights that are nearing departure time (they are listed on a large monitor), located to the right of the standard lane.

Last edited by JOUY31; Mar 18, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.