Taxi fare from CDG to Versailles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2007, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)

My wife and two children will shortly be off on holiday to France, with first port of call being Versaille (SPG Trianon Palace). So, first challenge will be getting there from CDG. I know one can do it by RER, but given that that involves a change, and that they will be tired, with lots of luggage, that does not seem very practical. The obvious solution would be a taxi, but it is a long way, and in some European cities taxi rates are amazing (i.e. high). Can anyone provide guidance on what the range of fares might be CDG-Versaille? Any other options?
Thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 1:21 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
My wife and two children will shortly be off on holiday to France, with first port of call being Versaille (SPG Trianon Palace). So, first challenge will be getting there from CDG. I know one can do it by RER, but given that that involves a change, and that they will be tired, with lots of luggage, that does not seem very practical. The obvious solution would be a taxi, but it is a long way, and in some European cities taxi rates are amazing (i.e. high). Can anyone provide guidance on what the range of fares might be CDG-Versaille? Any other options?
Thanks.
Two years ago, I used a car service from the Trianon Palace to CDG and was charged EUR 60. You could ask the Trianon if they offer the service from CDG.

I often take a taxi from CDG to a location near Versailles and it costs me from EUR 60 to EUR 100 depending on the traffic. If you are four and have a lot of luggage, you won't probably fit into a standard taxi. You should perhaps pre-order with Taxis G7 (www.taxisg7.com) a car that is large enough. In addition, you can pay with a credit card in the taxi upon arrival at the Trianon.
Old Jul 8, 2007, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Two years ago, I used a car service from the Trianon Palace to CDG and was charged EUR 60. You could ask the Trianon if they offer the service from CDG.

I often take a taxi from CDG to a location near Versailles and it costs me from EUR 60 to EUR 100 depending on the traffic. If you are four and have a lot of luggage, you won't probably fit into a standard taxi. You should perhaps pre-order with Taxis G7 (www.taxisg7.com) a car that is large enough. In addition, you can pay with a credit card in the taxi upon arrival at the Trianon.

Thanks for the advice. My wife and children took a taxi today (Sunday) - fare was 64 Euro. Quote from shuttle company and the hotel were both for 120 Euro, so a regular taxi was the right move.
Old Oct 25, 2007, 11:41 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, AM Gold, Avis First
For others headed to the Westin Trianon Palace-we stayed there in October, and we took the RER out there with a huge load of luggage. The RER is actually quite easy to access with luggage versus the metro, and once you get to Versailles Rive Gauche station, you can wheel it out from there and take a 8 euro cab to the Trianon. A great place to stay, by the way, get a Palace room if you can!
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
CDG to VERSAILLES taxi vs. RER update this thread

I am debating if to take the RER from CDG to St. Michael and then to Versailles or take a taxi;

Any recent reports of how much is a taxi from CDG to Trianon Versailles Waldorf Hotel?

Anybody knows a great car service at a reasonable price?

If I order a taxi through G7taxi, do they charge extra to wait for me at CDG and then go to Versailles? is it worth ordering a taxi or just walking out of the terminal and take a taxi?

sorry about so many questions.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:21 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by keisari
I am debating if to take the RER from CDG to St. Michael and then to Versailles or take a taxi;

Any recent reports of how much is a taxi from CDG to Trianon Versailles Waldorf Hotel?

Anybody knows a great car service at a reasonable price?

If I order a taxi through G7taxi, do they charge extra to wait for me at CDG and then go to Versailles? is it worth ordering a taxi or just walking out of the terminal and take a taxi?

sorry about so many questions.
From CDG you would take RER B south to St. Michel-ND, the "correspondence" = (change) to line C [which you would take to get to Versailles] requires lots of walking.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by keisari
It's not worth ordering a taxi to meet you. The taxi lines move quickly, and the attendant will help you get a taxi that meets any special requirements you may have (4 people, lots of luggage, need to pay via credit card, etc.)
Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:22 am

Programs: DL Diamond, former UA1K MM lifetime (left UA for DL), FPCPlat, DL Biz and Plat Amex
we rented a car - but were on a layover and sightseeing

we had a 6 hour layover and had never seen it. So we rented a car for a few hours, took our bags and rented a GPS (this was a while ago).
almost missed our return flight, since the GPS was in french and we couldn't figure out how to get back. Parking wasn't very hard in Versailles, and it was an experience.

so, if for a layover rather than a hotel stay near the Palace, consider renting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.