CDG -- why the bad rep?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CDG -- why the bad rep?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2006, 9:00 am
In memoriam

Glad to hear that Milespig was able to use his credit card in the ticket machines at the RER station at CDG.

My experience was different (and I speak French). Followed the directions on the ticket machine. No luck. Was advised that my card was not valid.

Eventually went inside and bought two tickets and a metro carnet from the guy at the window where my card worked fine.

Interestingly, although the tickets were certainly legit, when I got to Paris and tried to exit mine was eated by the turnstyle and I couldn't get out without hopping over. My friend's ticket worked fine.

Coming back we took the TGV to CDG direct from Lyon. I expected to be able to walk to terminal 2 for our departure flight. But, no. We were directed to take a bus (which did come pretty quickly) and went on a tour of the roadway system.

I remember when the new terminal at CDG opened around 30 years ago to much aclaim about how it was stylish and glamourous. And, you know, back then it was. Now, it is just way overcrowded. Guess when 50 times as many people use pretty much the same facilities ...

Good thing LAX, ORD and JFK are so nice and homey.
Old Dec 31, 2006, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My return through T1 wasn't quite so peaceful. Arrived at 10:00 this morning to huge crowds, long lines for UA business checkins, some of the most intense security I've seen. The trip was the RER station was not well marked, and due to construction you needed to go all the way around a poorly signposted terminal to find the buses. After checkin, they gave me a map to the RCC and I still got lost on the circuitous path. The terminal that was cold on the 26th was very hot today. Duty free is a joke in T1. More long lines and more questions for security at the gate. Grade for the return trip: D+
Old Jan 22, 2011, 5:41 pm

I found transfer between 2G and 2E pretty easy. Airside shuttlebus and no additional security check. Passport control out of Schengen was done right before the exit to the shuttlebus. Guess it's different other way around... 2G is a small terminal located 2 km away from the rest of the T2 complex used for smaller aircraft operating to Schengen area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.