Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Shower at Charles de Gaulle / CDG airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2006, 9:54 am
Original Poster

anyone know if there is a place to buy a shower in the charles de gaulle airport in the middle of the day - other than renting a room at the sheraton?
Old May 24, 2006, 8:29 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
If you are arriving or departing on UA (in business or first) or have access to the Red Carpet Lounge, the CDG RCC has quite nice showers to use for free.

Another option is a day room at a CDG hotel like the Mercure (not on-site of CDG).
Old May 25, 2006, 4:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Another option is a certain Ibis hotel that can be accessed by the free ADP bus around CDG. It rents rooms with showers for €10-12 per hour. I've posted about it here before.

I'll run a query and come back with the link.
Old May 25, 2006, 4:10 am
Suspended

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....19&postcount=2
Old May 25, 2006, 4:11 am
Suspended

Courtesy of PHLFlyer:

- clear passport control
- hop on the ADP airport shuttle #5 to "Terminal 3/Roissypole"
- the bus stops in front of the IBIS hotel at Roissypole where you can get a room at 10 euros per hour between 10am and 6pm (note: there are several Ibis at CDG; look for "Ibis Paris Charles de Gaulle Aéroport-Gares").

If you can skip the transfer desk and have a short wait at passport control you should be able to get to the hotel within 30 minutes of arrival. This will give you a good hour to use the room before you head back to your boarding gate. The shuttles run every 7 minutes and the trip is usually quick. There are also some spots to pick up coffee, etc. in the lobby or just inside the train/bus terminal.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...05&postcount=2

Hope that is helpful to some others here.
Old May 25, 2006, 4:24 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
RER station

There is one public shower in each of the restrooms at the RER station. They ask a user to leave an ID with the station kiosk attendant to get the key.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 7:15 am

Ibis Hotel update

I can confirm that the day use room is still available at the Ibis hotel by terminal 3. On the day I went it was 12 euro per hour, plus taxes. Not sure if this price is seasonal or a permanent change but the banner on the front of the hotel seemed pretty permanent.

I suggest taking the airport train to terminal 3, it only takes a few minutes and it is free. Just follow the signs to the station, I think they labelled it CDGVAL.

As for the rooms at the Ibis, they are a comfortable, but a bit sparse. They appear to be the standard rooms they offer for overnight guests. My room had a double sized bed, small bathroom and a desk. Don't expect freebies like soap, shampoo, etc. There was no wifi, not even for an extra fee.

I got my room for 3 hours, it was great to get a shower and then take a short nap for about what day-use access to an airport lounge would have cost me. I would have used more time if customs on arrival at CDG hadn't taken so long.

Good luck!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 3:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AA 2MM, Marriott Gold
thanks for the post and welcome to FT!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by roberto99
If you are arriving or departing on UA (in business or first) or have access to the Red Carpet Lounge, the CDG RCC has quite nice showers to use for free.

Another option is a day room at a CDG hotel like the Mercure (not on-site of CDG).

RCC at CDG does not have shower. *A lounge does have two or three showers, but UA boarding pass does not get you in there at all.

Originally Posted by Warrenlm
There is one public shower in each of the restrooms at the RER station. They ask a user to leave an ID with the station kiosk attendant to get the key.

I cannot imagine the quality of public shower at the RER station!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 1:58 am

shower at cdg

The only accessible showers at CDG are for travelers in business or first class. If this is your case, then your flight company will give you access to a private "salon" where there are showers. The other salon accessible for other travelers is in Terminal 1 and is called Salon Icare but there aren't any showers there. However there is a massage/relaxation service at CDG (this does not replace a good shower I'm sure) look at this webpage: http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...e-relax-shops/
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:29 am

Showers at CDG

I can also confirm the info on the showers at the Roissypole Ibis at CDG Terminal 3. I do have some updated info, especially about free wifi and soap!

There was free wifi, you ask for a sheet with the info at the desk when you register for your room. It's good for 24 hours. They have nice lounges on the ground floor of the hotel, so I don't see why you couldn't use the wifi from the lounge even after you check out of your room. YMMV, I didn't try this.

You can rent a room for 12 euro/hour with a minimum of 2 hours from 6 am to 10 pm. The sign said that the prices are good for all of 2010.

There was combo body wash/shampoo and hand soap in bottles attached to the walls in the bathroom, as well as a hair dryer that looked like an attachment for a vacuum cleaner. Strange, but it got the job done.

They have vending machines in the lobby with toothbrushes and toothpaste and such, for 1-3 euro, in case you forgot something.

Until 10 am, after you check in, you can eat at the hotel's breakfast buffet for 7.50 euro. Breads, pastries, cheese, ham, yogurt, juices, hot drinks, it was more substantial than a continental breakfast, and of course all you can eat. You have to check in first and charge the breakfast to your room at registration, though.

Getting there (not new info) From terminal 2E I followed the exit/sortie signs, went through passport control, and kept following the exit signs until I found the CDGVAL signs. I got off the CDGVAL trainy deal at Terminal 3, and then followed the signs to the Ibis. You can see it from the train stop. It was a bit of a hike from Terminal 2E arrivals to the CDGVAL, but so worth the shower and the nap. I left my room at 2:15 and had plenty of time to check out and get to my 3:30 boarding call at Terminal 2F, even fighting with security about the size of my carry on, eventually having to check it. That's just to give you an idea of the time frame.

Thanks so much to the travelers that initially posted this information! I've been doing these flights for years, having a shower in the middle made this one the best yet!
Old Jun 7, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: NWA
Update on Ibis Hotel

Here's a bit of an update on the Ibis Hotel. My wife and I landed at CDG and after making our way from Terminal 2F to the Ibis hotel, around 6:15am, I was informed by the not so nice lady behind the counter that, unfortunately, they were all sold of of rooms. Completely. This is the problem with this...you can't make a reservation for the hourly rate, so plan on this at your own risk. It really was a long way to go (About 30 minutes in total) only to discover that you get to go all the way back to your departure terminal with nothing but frustration. Just a head's up to everyone.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 8:46 pm
46N

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Re-confirming all of the info below is still valid as at Oct 13 2010. Checked in at 6:30am and out at 11:30am no problem. EUR12/hour min 2 hours. Rooms are basic but clean and perfect for a quick nap and shower. Took about 20 mins to get from T-2F to the front desk in an empty airport.

Originally Posted by noramara
There was free wifi, you ask for a sheet with the info at the desk when you register for your room. It's good for 24 hours. <snip>

You can rent a room for 12 euro/hour with a minimum of 2 hours from 6 am to 10 pm. The sign said that the prices are good for all of 2010.

There was combo body wash/shampoo and hand soap in bottles attached to the walls in the bathroom, as well as a hair dryer that looked like an attachment for a vacuum cleaner. <snip>

They have vending machines in the lobby with toothbrushes and toothpaste and such, for 1-3 euro, in case you forgot something.

Getting there (not new info) From terminal 2E I followed the exit/sortie signs, went through passport control, and kept following the exit signs until I found the CDGVAL signs. I got off the CDGVAL trainy deal at Terminal 3, and then followed the signs to the Ibis. You can see it from the train stop. It was a bit of a hike from Terminal 2E arrivals to the CDGVAL, but so worth the shower and the nap. I left my room at 2:15 and had plenty of time to check out and get to my 3:30 boarding call at Terminal 2F, even fighting with security about the size of my carry on, eventually having to check it. That's just to give you an idea of the time frame. <snip>
Old Feb 1, 2011, 6:43 am

This was very useful information. Does anyone know if they would offer a bag check if you rent a room for 2 hours, and if so, if there is a cost? We have a 12 hour layover...our luggage will be checked but we would like to make use of a bag check for our carry-on if possible so we could head into the city for a few hours. Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: Flying blue
Thumbs up Shower at CDG

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Courtesy of PHLFlyer:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...05&postcount=2

Hope that is helpful to some others here.
Update February 2011:

Thank you for the advise. I had a relaxing shower an tv update at ibis. The minimum stay is now 2 hours for a total cost of 24EUR.

Cheers,

Maurice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.