Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gyms in Paris [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2005, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Gyms in Paris [merged]

I will be in Paris for a few days in March and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a gym. I will be staying in a residential neighbourhood with my sister - the closest Metro stop is Gambetta. A nearby gym would be nice but a close location is not essential. Are there good places to go running too?
Old Mar 8, 2005, 1:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, FB Plat
you won't be too far from the bois de vincennes, which is a great place to run. the best way to get there on foot is probably to jog over to blvd davout, then south for about 1 mile. you'll want to weave eastward over to blvd carnot. just past ave saint mande, there's a pedestrian/bike crossover which leads into the bois. put another way, you jog along the inside of the peripherique (paris ring road), then crossover to the outside of it to a path that leads into the bois.

sounds complicated, i know, but it will be clear once you're there.

by that same crossover, i believe there's a municipal pool and gym called gymnase carnot, but i've never been.

finally, take a look at club med gym . i see they have a location at 65 rue de bagnolet (close to you), and also one at place de la republique, which is an easy metro ride for you from gambetta. at one point they permitted guests from affiliated clubs internationally.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 5:02 pm

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
Gyms in Paris

Does anyone know of any gyms in Paris where I can go to and pay for one-time visits without being a member? I eat a lot (of good food) whenever I'm in Paris and although I'm not trying to lose weight I would like to burn off the extra calories! Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
http://www.clubmedgym.com/cgi-bin/cl...YS=133&LANG=FR

L'ENTRÉE CLUB MED GYM : 25 €. Pour profitez le temps d'une journée de toutes les activités.

Locations:

http://www.clubmedgym.com/cgi-bin/cl...YS=133&LANG=FR

et aussi.....

http://www.clubquartierlatin.com/fitness/index.html
Old Apr 27, 2006, 6:51 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Another good way to burn off calories is to walk. Paris is a great walking city with long, spectacular boulevards, and beautiful sculptured gardens.

And of course there are the museums.

Think of how many calories you will burn just by visiting every salle in the Louvre
Old Apr 27, 2006, 9:28 pm

Thanks for the links. ^

I did consider walking/jogging in Paris but ruled that out almost straightaway because, as you're probably aware, there's a lot of dog poo in Paris. Besides, I prefer the gym when I'm in a busy city.
Old Apr 28, 2006, 1:42 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
Indeed dog poo is a problem in Paris, unfortunately...
But I've done quite a bit of jogging myself in the city and never really had any problems.

Not sure where you will live/stay in Paris, but there are many nice parks where you can go jogging.
A really nice place is Bois de Boulogne for example (at daytime) west of the city centre, there are two small lakes there and not much traffic.
Very nice on a sunny day!
Old Apr 29, 2006, 5:35 pm

Not many parks in the suburb where I usually stay (Le Perreux-sur-Marne), the river is a bit too far away from my friends' house plus there's always people walking their doggies along the riverbank.
Old May 23, 2016, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Day Pass Gyms in Paris (Marais or adjacent)

Couldn't find any thread that wasn't over 10 years old.
Will need 3 workouts while I'm in Paris. Googling some things came up about CMG (used to be Club Med) but wasn't difinitive.

It doesn't have to be a full service fitness club, even an old school lifters clang n bang gym would be fine.

Any personal experiences or something like the NYC fit pass site I haven't been able to find?

Merci!
Old May 24, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
Couldn't find any thread that wasn't over 10 years old.
Will need 3 workouts while I'm in Paris. Googling some things came up about CMG (used to be Club Med) but wasn't difinitive.

It doesn't have to be a full service fitness club, even an old school lifters clang n bang gym would be fine.

Any personal experiences or something like the NYC fit pass site I haven't been able to find?

Merci!
Not sure if they have daily passes, but try L'Usine... And any club med, wahoo, they must have some in the Marais. Not sure that my gym has a branch there, but they Health City. Also ask at where you are staying, they would know of a place.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's been years, but I think I went to this one in Bercy. http://www.cmgsportsclub.com/clubs/waou/bercy

It had pretty much everything. I don't know if they formally offer day passes, but I asked kindly and paid probably something like €20 per person. My guess is that if it isn't too busy and you look like you know your way around a gym they will be ok with this. However if you can't speak French it may be difficult. Some Parisiens can speak English well enough and some cannot.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
gyms in the Marais

Don't do gyms myself, but there is a smaller gym that used to do day passes directly north of the Brancusi statue,centre Pompidou on the rue Brantome@ rueRambuteau. The Club Med website also shows a facility a 2 rue Fauberg du Temple.
Old May 25, 2016, 10:24 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Thank you all. Been on my phone the past few days so navigating the sites were tricky. Will look now that Chrome will do some basic translation from what I already can't gather from my limited French.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:09 am

Lightbulb Paris gyms Day pass

If you are looking for gym passes when you are out traveling to Paris, you can definitely use the TrainAway App or the following webpage https://trainaway.fit/. TrainAway is a global platform connecting travelers with fitness clubs, providing a convenient way to handle one-time visits. By using TrainAway, you can now find a gym and get gym access to their gym partners in Paris. It is the easiest way to find a gym no matter where you are. To discover more facts about the tourist attractions you can visit and where you can get your workout done at the new partner gym chain in Paris, read our newest article Paris - A TrainAway Wonderland found on https://blog.trainaway.fit/.

Old Apr 8, 2019, 4:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by Strawb
Not many parks in the suburb where I usually stay (Le Perreux-sur-Marne), the river is a bit too far away from my friends' house plus there's always people walking their doggies along the riverbank.
they now fine for dog poo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.