Wiki Posts
Search

Christmas in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2005, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH <>, B6 mosaic
Christmas in Paris

I've been searching for information about extra events or things to see in Paris around Christmas that you wouldn't see during the rest of the year.

Does anyone know of anything in particular that would be interesting to see during the holidays?

I've never been to Paris and I'm a little bummed out about the fact that if I had been able to go during the summer, I'd have such long days which would be perfect for being on vacation. I'd also have the warm weather to see all the parks.

However, I still think I'm going to have a great time. The bonus will be that the museums and other touristy stuff won't be very crowded. I guess I'd be upset to go there in the summer and find out that you need to wait in line all day to see anything.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 4:55 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
I dont find Paris that exciting at christmas. As far as decorations are concerned, be sure to check out the department store windows (Bon Marche, Galleries Layfayette, Samartaine and Printemps). They are lovely. Otherwise, decorations are a bit hap hasard depending on the mayor of each arrondisement. The Champs Elysee has lights on it and Fauchon at place Madeline usually has a large decoration. Look in bakeries for "Buche de Noel" christmas log cake which is the traditional cake for the season.

Alsace is AMAZING at christmas and Strasbourg has a huge xmas market that runs all over the downtown. Decorations everywhere. A sight to be seen but a bit far from Paris, 4.5 hours by train.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.