Search

L'Angle du Faubourg

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2003, 1:41 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
L'Angle du Faubourg

A fantastic creative meal, wonderful service, a great wine list, reasonable prices ... that pretty much sums up L'Angle du Faubourg, the more casual sister restaurant of Taillevent.

The setting is very contemporary - deep terra cotta walls punctuated with bold art work. Tables, set simply with white table cloths and celadon plates, are spaced well apart from each other in the rather large dining room.

The menu has some very creative offerings. Being vegetarians, Rod and I both opted for a couple of starters instead of entrees as there were more meatless selections. I started with a bowl of tomato soup with mustard ice cream. I fully expected the "ice cream" to have been somewhat messed up in the translation, but in fact that's what I received and I couldn't have been more pleased. The contrast between the hot and cold as well as the flavors was wonderful. I would love to figure out how to recreate this at home. Rod had an endive salad followed by housemade ravioli with mushrooms and truffles. I also enjoyed risotto with artichoke.

We did by the glass pairings and each had a '99 Chassagne (11 euros); '95 Deutz Brut (11 euros); and Crozes Hermitage (6 euros).

Dessert was a fabulous Reine de Saba.

Our starters ranged in price from 12 to 17 euros and the total check was 134 - definitely an incredible value for the money.

Try to arrive early enough to visit L'Angle's neighboring wine shop, Les Caves Taillevent - something we unfortunately missed out on. (I think it closes at 7 p.m.).

L‘Angle du Faubourg
195 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré
Paris
Telephone 01 40 74 20 20
Fax : 01 40 74 20 21.
Closed Saturday lunch and Sunday
Reservations are recommended

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.