Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Entry requirement into France/Schengen zone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2022, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

I'll be flying to Paris next week via Amsterdam. I am fully vaccinated and got my booster about three months ago. I have this all documented. I am Canadian. I'm assuming I won't need to take a COVID test and I can simply just arrive at the airport and show my vaccine documentation at check-in and that's it?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by sau54
I'll be flying to Paris next week via Amsterdam. I am fully vaccinated and got my booster about three months ago. I have this all documented. I am Canadian. I'm assuming I won't need to take a COVID test and I can simply just arrive at the airport and show my vaccine documentation at check-in and that's it?
I believe what you've written is essentially true. What is missing is that you also need to fill out a dPLF (Digital Pax Locator Form) that specifies where you will be once you arrive. We're flying JFK-LHR-NCE next week on our way for the summer at our house in Italy so we also looking at the requirements (slightly different for landing in Italy - no dPLF now - vs France where it is still required).
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA MM1K,AA EXP
Re: French entry requirements

I flew JFK-CDG May 25. I had filled out all the PLF forms online and printed them, and the AA contact forms. Nobody asked or took anything. at either end. I'm waiting to see what AA does on the return. Last Sept when I did the same routing, AA at CDG wanted to see everything I had put in Verifly, a 72 hour antigen test print out & a contact sheet. The current rules seem to be a 24 hour Covid test for the return to the USA, but the pharmacy prices for the test(and only the pharmacies seem to be able to provide a printed test result in addition to the government SMS) have dropped to half of what they were in Sept. The pharmacies now are reponsible for turning a US QR and test code card into a EU pass sanitaire, but my pharmacy told me not to bother----it wasn't worth the cost.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
The PLF is required in theory, but in practice is never asked as I said in several threads, so don’t bother doing it

Originally Posted by willie--wonka
The pharmacies now are reponsible for turning a US QR and test code card into a EU pass sanitaire, but my pharmacy told me not to bother----it wasn't worth the cost.
There is no more pass sanitaire in France.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by sau54
All correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.